Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
Very nice but trying not to get my hopes up ala AvP3 when that released. I like Gearbox and the BIA series so it's hard not to be hopeful

Rebellion made AVP3 far as I know. The writing was on the wall we just didnt want to see it.

This on the other hand is WANT WANT WANT

About time they make something that gives the movie justice. Unlike the abomination that was the AVP series.

Very nice but trying not to get my hopes up ala AvP3 when that released. I like Gearbox and the BIA series so it's hard not to be hopeful

Please let them nail this game....please....

....."Somebody wake up Hicks....."

Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Corps!

hopefully, this will be mildly successful in achieving some "scary" moments within a multiplayer game. making people shit their pants in a multiplayer experience seems like the biggest challenge, but if it can be pulled off, it will be the most epic thing to have graced online gaming. what makes it so difficult is that automaically, the mood is less serious / lightened by the fact that someone else is playing with you, and it's very difficult to lead both characters into a scripted / triggered scare. but, if these aliens can sneak up on you in a different spot every game combined with the dark, moody corridors, i can imagine some good jumps, even if you're playing with 3 others.

i had hoped for l4d to be somewhat scary before it came out, but it turned out more comic-booky than anything. can anyone think of ANY multiplayer games that are even mildly scary?

i had hoped for l4d to be somewhat scary before it came out, but it turned out more comic-booky than anything. can anyone think of ANY multiplayer games that are even mildly scary?

Killing floor with fleshpounds on hell on earth in the confined spaces? Its definately horror, not really amnesia level, but it scares a few people I know :D

‎"All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Corps!"

Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I LOVE the Corps!

Couldn't pick my favorite lines so here is a few I will always remember.

Oh man this floor is freezing!
What do you want me to do, fetch your slippers for you?
Gee would you sir? I'd like that.
Look into my eye.
Fall in people! Come on, lets go.
God I hate this job.

Hey Mira, whose snow white?
She's suppose to be some consultant.Apparently she saw an alien once.
Whoop-de-fucking do. Hey I'm impressed.
Hey Vasquez, you ever been mistaken for a man.
No, have you?

I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ULTIMATE bad ass. State of the bad ass art. You do NOT want to fuck with me. Check it out. Hey Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate bad asses will protect you. Check it out. Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...
Knock it off Hudson!

Yeah if you can't tell by my name what my favorite series is.....
alien.gif

hopefully, this will be mildly successful in achieving some "scary" moments within a multiplayer game. making people shit their pants in a multiplayer experience seems like the biggest challenge, but if it can be pulled off, it will be the most epic thing to have graced online gaming. what makes it so difficult is that automaically, the mood is less serious / lightened by the fact that someone else is playing with you, and it's very difficult to lead both characters into a scripted / triggered scare. but, if these aliens can sneak up on you in a different spot every game combined with the dark, moody corridors, i can imagine some good jumps, even if you're playing with 3 others.

Most of L4D isn't really "scary", but there are definitely moments of panic in it - at least, when playing a level for the first time. A tank appearing when you REALLY aren't ready for it, the occasional placement of a witch (on some maps, they can be very creepy - especially if you are obviously getting closer by the increasing volume, but you still can't see where she is...that can be pretty tense).

That's really what the trick is - distinctive queues to let someone know 'you are getting very close to something quite bad'...but not immediately revealing it. Increasing the queues even more to imply it getting closer, but still leaving the gamers in the dark. Should be possible, here.

Most of L4D isn't really "scary", but there are definitely moments of panic in it - at least, when playing a level for the first time. A tank appearing when you REALLY aren't ready for it, the occasional placement of a witch (on some maps, they can be very creepy - especially if you are obviously getting closer by the increasing volume, but you still can't see where she is...that can be pretty tense).

That's really what the trick is - distinctive queues to let someone know 'you are getting very close to something quite bad'...but not immediately revealing it. Increasing the queues even more to imply it getting closer, but still leaving the gamers in the dark. Should be possible, here.

Hitchcock said that suspense and horror come from the audience knowing whats going to happen before the character does. That said please please please let this be good. I am gonna have to watch the extended edition again tonight.

Gearbox? Hope the marketing budget is not more than what the art department is getting paid this time round.

About time they make something that gives the movie justice. Unlike the abomination that was the AVP series.

True my friend, but the graphics are way off, i now this game is not abut graphics but still it looks so bad :(

The original avp series was amazing sega dropped the bomb on the last one you couldnt even crouch ><

Really? The first AVP game was awesome! I still go back and play through the Marine mission from time to time. (with the lights off)

They guy said he would shut up and never did. I hope it gets better than that :(. Console port is probably what we are getting. He took damage maybe twice in that whole sequence. I hope they add the use of iron sights as well.

They guy said he would shut up and never did. I hope it gets better than that :(. Console port is probably what we are getting. He took damage maybe twice in that whole sequence. I hope they add the use of iron sights as well.

If you watch one of the latest trailers, you'll see the player using a shot gun and uses the iron sight. So I'm assuming they put it in this time.

I am confused here. the OP is just a reply to another post yet it is the very first post. wtf? :confused:

Yeah it looks authentic in a lot of places but I doubt that it's going to excuse the extreme console feel of the game in the long run.

I'll be waiting for reviews on [H]forum before I buy, see what the real deal is.

Needs more survival horror/down time.

It seemed a bit generic action game too me, not enough suspense/scares.

Also I REALLY hope the other marines aren't just throw away faceless side characters. The entire reason Aliens was as good was that all the marines you got to know their character thoughtout the film and what happened to them you'd feel more for them rather then just a no-name marine you never know about.

In this trailer you don't get any sense of personality for any of the characters.

The L4D style four player coop works for me, but the trailers leave me feeling a bit meh about this game. I does have serious promise, and it is possible they will polish it up enough that we will not care about the current console feel. However, in the current, "console first, PC later, if at all, and even then, only with the barest minimum of effort required to make a functional port.", world we live in, I am not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Back