Alien: Isolation... Is a GOOD Alien game possible? (leaked screens)

So what would you suggest they do? I would still stay open about this new concept. Every other Alien game has sucked ass at capturing what made the movies so good.

Yeah, but that's more the fault of the developers and not of the content itself. If A:CM had turned out as the early demos showed, it would have been amazing. Instead, we got watered-down shit that looked nothing alike.

I still have faith it's possible to make a GOOD Aliens game, but better developers need to attempt it, I guess. Actually the AvP games (IMO) were quite good, even the latest one, but they had their share of issues and weren't really universally liked.

Every other Alien game has sucked ass at capturing what made the movies so good. So far from what i'e seen this game looks like it capture the feel of the first movie than any other title i've seen so far.

Half agree. The AvP Marine campaign definitely got the feel of AlienS down pat. But no ones even attempted to take on Alien. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I really hope this is a great game but, well, it's Aliens. They're gonna fuck it up.

I like the idea of a survival-horror set in the Alien universe, but holy shitballs there's absolutely no way I'd be able to keep my wits about me when being chased down a dark corridor by a Xenomorph with no weapons....

No shame, I would shit my pants even if I was shooting at the thing.:p

Last edited:
I always thought a game based on the little girl in Aliens would of been great, a true survivor game with the aptitude of a little kid. Would make great for a short game.

I always thought a game based on the little girl in Aliens would of been great, a true survivor game with the aptitude of a little kid. Would make great for a short game.
+1 maybe it could take place before the aliens invade her community and ends with her meeting ripley. we would get to see the death of her parents and her attempt to try and protect her brother... that could be some intense emotional shit right there...

I have hopes that SEGA can revive their own IP, but man, after A:CM, its very hard to get excited about an Aliens game.

I have hopes that SEGA can revive their own IP, but man, after A:CM, its very hard to get excited about an Aliens game.

Just remember Sega is not developing it; they're just publishing it. Let's give credit where credit is due when it turns out to be good, and let's be able to center our anger and frustration at the people who actually developed it. lol. :p

Just finished Aliens:CM and have to admit it was not as bad as people said it was. Mind you I did have that massive update installed (3gb) and only paid 10bucks for the game including the DLC. Overall the DLC was actually pretty good, Stasis Interrupted's first few missions were a lot of fun... then the Mercs showed up and all atmosphere was lost.

Hoping this game delivers on what it is promising.

It sounds like it has the potential to be an amazing game, but I am hesitant to look forward to the game after what Creative Assembly did with Rome 2. The prerelease screenshots for Rome 2 looked amazing also, but the game that they delivered was a failed abortion.

Also, how does CA go to making this after working exclusively on the total war franchise?

Looks like it has some real potential. I hope the devs can manage to keep the tension up throughout the experience, otherwise it'll end up getting boring quickly. I like the idea of not having any weapons while going toe to toe with a xenomorph.

I'm really impressed with the post-processing they're doing to get that 70's film sort of aesthetic. It's an interesting move on their part to really tie the game to the film on an aesthetic basis.

I think I look more forward to everyone and their mother bitching about not getting their razor-sharp texels, though.

I still dont know how fun it will be just sneaking and running, no weapons really and only 1 alien..

I still dont know how fun it will be just sneaking and running, no weapons really and only 1 alien..

If Amnesia or Outlast are any indicators it should be tense, now whether you find that particular approach entertaining...
I love atmosphere and not being a walking tank pulls me deeper into the game. Not to mention how much fun it is to observe how my sudden shrieks of terror startle and annoy my wife.

I hope this one is good. I was one of the boneheads that pre-ordered Colonial Marines. Paid $60 for the biggest POS game ever.

Creative Assembly also experimented with the old Hollywood technique of ‘kit bashing’: taking pieces of ordinary objects such as radios, toasters and so on, mashing them together and giving them a new paint job to make them look like a futuristic tool. For that extra level of authenticity, the team limited themselves to only using objects that were made before 1979.
Impressive. It seems like they're taking this pretty seriously.

I hope this one is good. I was one of the boneheads that pre-ordered Colonial Marines. Paid $60 for the biggest POS game ever.

I didn't pay $60, but yeah, I feel ya.

This game looks to be a completely different genre, though, so it's probably not that comparable other than the feel of the universe.

I thought that Ripley's daughter was an alien?

All I got from that article was "All graphics and no game play, same old shit, different day".

I thought that Ripley's daughter was an alien?

All I got from that article was "All graphics and no game play, same old shit, different day".

What? Ripley's daughter has never been an Alien, and prior to this game from the second film (Aliens) we know that Ripley's daughter supposedly had a normal life and had grown old and died shortly before Ripley had been rescued and brought back.

As far as the game goes, what Article you reading? The game is going to be a survival horror focused game and NOT an "action" game , which is basically what every-single alien game has been.

Think Amnesia rather then Call of Duty.

Not true. Her husband had the alien virus, so her daughter is sorta half-and-half...

sorry, *spoilers*

What in the heck are you talking about? Her husband? Alien virus?

Ripley had her daughter before she left in the first Alien, before she even knew what an Alien was or anything. There is no "Alien" virus, at least in the first two movies, I do not know if you're getting your info from some off shoot book or something but there's nothing in the movies about it...

Unless you're referring to Alien 4....in which case that was no virus at all...

Or maybe you're thinking of Prometheus....which is nothing to do with Ripley and isn't the same thing.

A good Aliens game already happened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_versus_Predator_(video_game)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_versus_Predator_2

Do I think it's possible to have more good games in the series ? Sure, possible. If they want to change how these games are being made.

As said before, this isn't anything like the other aliens or avp games, it's a survival horror game, not an action game, and there's just a single alien in the whole thing.

Comicbookguy.gif

What in the heck are you talking about? Her husband? Alien virus?

Ripley had her daughter before she left in the first Alien, before she even knew what an Alien was or anything. There is no "Alien" virus, at least in the first two movies, I do not know if you're getting your info from some off shoot book or something but there's nothing in the movies about it...

Unless you're referring to Alien 4....in which case that was no virus at all...

Or maybe you're thinking of Prometheus....which is nothing to do with Ripley and isn't the same thing.

Right on all accords here, obviously other people do not know their lore as regards to the Alien/Predator/Prometheus (possibly Blade Runner) universe.

I was being sarcastic but obviously I was talking about Alien 4. I dunno how you guys can be sci-fi fans, to the point of knowing about some baby called Amanda ( this is my first time hearing about it ) but can't figure out that I'm talking about Alien 4?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_Ripley

Right on all accords here, obviously other people do not know their lore as regards to the Alien/Predator/Prometheus (possibly Blade Runner) universe.
Naw, I just think you missed the love scene between Bishop and Annalee... it all makes sense then...

Amanda is explained here in the Director's Cut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPItoMfPHLQ

btw, it would also makes sense that they lied to her about her daughter... IMHO

Terrifying. Can't wait. In space no one can hear you scream but I'm sure everyone in my condo building will beg to differ.

This game would be great with the Oculus Rift (I heard they are thinking about it).

I'm really impressed with the post-processing they're doing to get that 70's film sort of aesthetic. It's an interesting move on their part to really tie the game to the film on an aesthetic basis.

I think I look more forward to everyone and their mother bitching about not getting their razor-sharp texels, though.

Lol yeah. It's become a tradition.

This game would be great with the Oculus Rift (I heard they are thinking about it).
It seems like it at least has a good subset of the right ingredients for VR. I don't think the consumer Rift will be available by the time this game ships, though.

Back