Alien: Isolation... Is a GOOD Alien game possible? (leaked screens)

Then instead of actually making the ENgineer intelligent and having it be an intersting encounter or something different he just makes it a generic "monster" that doesn't even speak or have any sense of intelligence about what he does.

Actually in the deleted scenes
the engineer does have a dialog with Fassbender before he rips him apart.

Last edited:
http://io9.com/this-is-ellen-ripleys-daughter-all-grown-up-and-ready-1496617477

Meet her daughter:
ripley_daughter.jpg

Man I really hope this is good. After the disaster of the previous, this one is needed!

I agree.

And, if going by the trailers so far, they got the graphics and the moody atmosphere down. Let's hope the gameplay is up to par or better.

the Isolation trailers released a few days ago looked OK to me...nothing all that great...seems like they are trying to mix Amnesia: Dark Descent, Outlast and Alien...seems like people just want a good 'Alien' game and are willing to give anything the benefit of the doubt

the Isolation trailers released a few days ago looked OK to me...nothing all that great...seems like they are trying to mix Amnesia: Dark Descent, Outlast and Alien...seems like people just want a good 'Alien' game and are willing to give anything the benefit of the doubt

It doesn't look bad by any means. Its early work being shown. I think we're more reserved now post CM but the trailers don't give me the impression that Isolation will be bad at all. I'm just causiously interested for now.

Mixing those three things sounds awesome.

I'd much rather have an actually GOOD Aliens action game rather than a survival/horror/whatever this will be, but I'll still check it out of it ends up being good.

I'd much rather have an actually GOOD Aliens action game rather than a survival/horror/whatever this will be, but I'll still check it out of it ends up being good.

Because we haven't already had those with AVP/AVP2 or anything.

Meanwhile there hasn't really been a single good alien game based off the first movie that went the more survival horror route rather then action.

Yeah but those games are really old. I meant something more modern. The new AvP was good (not great) but it was really underrated and not many people played it (plus I think the MP is pretty dead now).

I really want a new AvP that's as good as the first one. Holy shit was the Marine campaign intense! They really nailed the environment.

I really want a new AvP that's as good as the first one. Holy shit was the Marine campaign intense! They really nailed the environment.

the 2010 AvP game was underrated...they nailed the movement and look of the Aliens and Predators (looked amazing in DX11)...the atmosphere was pretty good as well...there were balancing issues in the MP but overall it was a very fun game

the 2010 AvP game was underrated...they nailed the movement and look of the Aliens and Predators (looked amazing in DX11)...the atmosphere was pretty good as well...there were balancing issues in the MP but overall it was a very fun game

I'll have to keep an eye out for it. I remember playing the MP demo on one of my buddy's consoles, which was pretty damn fun (even with a controller), but would likely love the campaigns. Is there a campaign for each race?

Can someone tell me why Amanda looks like Jill Valentine.

Can someone tell me why Amanda looks like Jill Valentine.

The original Valentine or the bastardized RE5 Valentine? I don't really see it either way. I think she looks alright, like a mix of Lambert and Ripley but with some updated touches (like the headset that isn't the size of a DJs headphones).
Alien_%281979%29_-_main_cast.jpg

This franchise is cursed. I'll be waiting on the reviews for this one too. Especially since the Rome 2 crew are making this. Bleh:(

The more I hear about this game the more I like it. Alien is my favourite of the franchise with Aliens a close second, the fact that they are going for that "low Fi Sci-Fi" aesthetic makes me very excited. I have been waiting for a survival/horror approach being taken in an Alien game forever. No please don't let this turn into another CM.

honestly I thought all the AvP games were good. Sure there were issues, but they captured the feel quite well, and AvP 2 had the best campaign (as a marine) of all of them.

honestly I thought all the AvP games were good. Sure there were issues, but they captured the feel quite well, and AvP 2 had the best campaign (as a marine) of all of them.

I agree, I really liked the Alien campaign as well. Great game.

Hmmm Creative Assembly. I expect extremely buggy game and 20-30fps on Titans and 780Ti cards.

That is if its anything like there total war games.

not sure if Creative Assembly bit off a lot more than their current employee lineup could chew or Sega was pushing them unreasonably hard, but Rome 2 was a clusterfuck in both polish and game features (vs. older titles in the series).

They might be able to pull this off, but anyone who preorders and 10 minutes in find themselves face to face with an alien as braindead as the AI in Rome 2 had it coming

not sure if Creative Assembly bit off a lot more than their current employee lineup could chew or Sega was pushing them unreasonably hard, but Rome 2 was a clusterfuck in both polish and game features (vs. older titles in the series).

They might be able to pull this off, but anyone who preorders and 10 minutes in find themselves face to face with an alien as braindead as the AI in Rome 2 had it coming

Yeah... I wouldn't be so excited that Creative Assembly is making this game. :D
http://youtu.be/eEHHFsZ19co?t=42s

Last edited:
NO weapons? Ehhh....

I understand it's survival/horror, but...so is Resident Evil. And it had guns.

Looks good, but I'm just not really interested in the genre.

Yeah, I don't know, but that whole thing felt like a tech demo. An indie effort, at best.
It needs deeper gameplay, I'm not really sure where they are going with this.

Well, graphically it basically looked like what A:CM looked like in the early "demos". So hopefully we will actually get that level of lighting/shadow that A:CM failed to deliver.

And yeah, it basically just seems like a remake of Amnesia or something with the Alien franchise slapped on there. I really like the atmosphere and stuff, but why couldn't they have implemented some sort of weaponry to fight back?

NO weapons? Ehhh....

Looks good, but I'm just not really interested in the genre.

They have said there WILL traps and things to craft, also IIRC they also talked about some form of weapons, not "action game" style but something you know (since they mention there will be other humans in the game as well.

NO weapons? Ehhh....

I think not having guns at all (if it's true) is the best thing they can do to make the game interesting again. I mean, every other Alien game just felt like every other shooter with the ability to just shoot. Also it makes sense if the game is going after the premise of the first movie where there was only one alien.

I'm looking forward to it. Gonna stay positive.

I think not having guns at all (if it's true) is the best thing they can do to make the game interesting again. I mean, every other Alien game just felt like every other shooter with the ability to just shoot. Also it makes sense if the game is going after the premise of the first movie where there was only one alien.

I'm looking forward to it. Gonna stay positive.

Agreed, once you blast a few Aliens away in previous games all tension and fear disappeared. Its a nice change up in the approach and long overdue IMO.

Gameplay looks boring ,so all u gonna have is the motiontracker and torch? wow.. big deal and the few times u encounter the big alien u have to run away and hide? not that fun if thats what u gonna do more or less the whole game.. there should be some weapons like flamethrower and that sort of stuff that even a child can use lol if desperate :(.. having nothing in a alien game is just stupid..

As it looks now the game will play like Routine dunno when that comes out, its like dead space without weapons more or less.

Gameplay looks boring ,so all u gonna have is the motiontracker and torch? wow.. big deal and the few times u encounter the big alien u have to run away and hide? not that fun if thats what u gonna do more or less the whole game.. there should be some weapons like flamethrower and that sort of stuff that even a child can use lol if desperate :(.. having nothing in a alien game is just stupid..

As it looks now the game will play like Routine dunno when that comes out, its like dead space without weapons more or less.

Worked for games like Amnesia.

Yeah but that game was very unique, with Alien you are not used to not having weapons it just feel weird, i dont mind stealth moments and that mixed with action would be better imo.. oh well time will tell.

Yeah but that game was very unique, with Alien you are not used to not having weapons it just feel weird, i dont mind stealth moments and that mixed with action would be better imo.. oh well time will tell.

There has never been an Alien game that I'm aware of. AlienS and AvP are different. This is not that.

Checked out the gameplay video last night and the game does look interesting. Definitely different. I wouldn't pay full price, but on a steam sale later on I will grab it.

So what would you suggest they do? I would still stay open about this new concept. Every other Alien game has sucked ass at capturing what made the movies so good. So far from what i'e seen this game looks like it capture the feel of the first movie than any other title i've seen so far. There are only so many ways you can make a game where you run around shooting at Aliens. In a time where there are so many shooters, I think the best way they could have gone is with a different gameplay concept than the previous games.

Back