‘Alien: Isolation’ Announced for Android and iOS Devices; Arriving December 16th

zamardii12

2[H]4U

4493533.jpg

This is the most unexpected announcement of this year to me. I don't play games on mobile, but I honestly would've thought we'd get a proper VR version of Isolation first...

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video...droid-and-ios-devices-arriving-december-16th/

"Jaguar port of Aliens vs. Predator coming to Mobile!" = Yes. This is..........look do they realize this entire game is basically Hide and Seek? On a mobile? For that long flight with your earpods draining your battery in 1.5 hours and jumping and screaming out of nowhere? They're gonna duct-tape your @ss to the airline seat.....

Also "install base of mobile dwarfs VR"....yes, but if they get it running mobile, they'll get it running on Quest.

Also once upon a time: "Atari and other Video Game sales have plummeted for Christmas season 1984. Experts in the industry declare the Video Game fad which has captivated the youth market the past 4 years officially over." Just saying.....the VR market may be the only market in 20 years, its gotta start somewhere.

I can tell you why. This may be to port it to get it to the Oculus Quest 2 and this game would be great in VR.
This game is great in VR. There are vr mods for it (I vaguely remember it having some built in vr stuff that just wasn't enabled) , and is honestly probably the most terrifying game you'll play lol. I personally just use VORPX for it in VR and it works great.

I think the most amazing take-away from this is that modern smartphones are at the level of tech that can play a AAA game from late-2014.
If it runs at 60fps, depending on the smartphone, even with the Switch port level of graphics, that would be impressive.

Also once upon a time: "Atari and other Video Game sales have plummeted for Christmas season 1984. Experts in the industry declare the Video Game fad which has captivated the youth market the past 4 years officially over." Just saying.....the VR market may be the only market in 20 years, its gotta start somewhere.
The sheer wishful thinking on part of the VR crowd never ceases to amaze me. VR had a few tries already and it always fizzled out. What makes this time different? Only market, LOL That's comparable to the statements by musk fans who say tesla semis will do 90% of transport by 2030.

Wasn't exactly being serious......but basically in your world anyone who shows enthusiasm for something is a fool? VR has a market, any game that puts you in the cockpit of a car or in a tank or in an airpllane or submarine, or turret, or command center or whatever..........those games become almost amusement rides in VR, they completely transform the game experience. Now, do I want to play Call of Duty in VR? Nope. Do I want to play anything but rail shooters in VR? Nope. Why? I don't have huge open spaces to do my VR'ing...also I'm not 20, diving in real life to avoid some crazy setpiece moment in VR means I break my knees and elbows on my concrete floor.....un-good.....but I've played miniature golf with some friends online in VR, and that was truly cool....etc. We beat each other with our clubs, nobody called the cops, it was glorious....

VR will never take over gaming, but VR is absolutely the best way to play your average driving game if you love to be in the car. If you want to play Outrun-style, from behind, then sure a flat screen makes total sense. Any game can have both options, so there's no reason to complain.

I'll meet you half way: When giant 64" ultrawides become the norm and you get peripheral vision on your super-curved flat screen monitors then that will give you 50% of the VR effect without the VR helmet issues......that I could see being a thing, but then again, we already have triple screens and not many people run them so.....

Once upon a time nobody wanted to give up their horses, too ya know.....but those mechanical buggies well they just kept pushing for market share.....

NO MORE REMAKES/PORTS/ENHANCED VERSIONS!

Sequel! (but I guess that would take effort and a modicum originality, so not gonna happen)

We're going to be playing Skyrim on our dishwashers in 2025 at this rate.

Good gravy, as awesome as it would be, I'd never play a VR version of this.

It was, at least personally, already right on the edge of being too stressful for a free-time release thing. I remember hiding in a closet, and then taking a minute to take a bite of dinner (thinking it was basically a pause button), and ... did not press the "hold breath" button in time.

I am still afraid to eat taquitos when xenomorphs are around to this day.

Back