"Alien: Covenant in Utero" Is a Beautifully Horrifying VR Experience

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Based on all of the early reviews and spoilers I have read about the new Alien film, Ridley Scott could very well have gone senile, but there is nothing stopping him and the studio from squeezing the franchise dry. Apparently, everything in the series will now be painstakingly elaborated, including what it would look like to be a baby Xenomorph (Neomorph?) popping out of a poor victim, as demonstrated by this marketing stunt.

In Utero, directed by David Karlak and produced by Ridley Scott, is the result of a collaboration between Fox, FoxNext VR Studio, RSA VR, AMD Radeon and Dell. The 360-degree video is being presented in 15 cities across the U.S. until June 4, with chosen Regal theaters featuring Oculus Rift kiosks where viewers will get the chance to experience the full horror for themselves.According to Fox, the VR experience is also available on Oculus, Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vive, Playstation VR, Google Daydream and other mobile VR devices.

In Utero, directed by David Karlak and produced by Ridley Scott, is the result of a collaboration between....AMD Radeon....

Could they collaborate on getting a damn GPU to the public that'll actually run it without vomiting? Anytime now guys....

I remember this scene from the trailer... I disliked the effects used as the little alien seemed way to cartoony.

That being said, This was a neat concept, I like how the alien seen the noises through the body. I can see this in a future Alien video game.

aaaaaaaaaand I have a new level of nightmares. Thanks interwebz.

Back