Alicia Vikander To Star As Lara Croft In “Tomb Raider”

IMO, I'm not interested in the actor's qualifications, rather I'm curious about the movie's casting team criteria and judgement in selecting the actress in the first place.

I really liked her in The Man from Uncle. It made me see Ex Machina. Yeah she could have more up top but it's tits AND ass... You can't really judge a woman just by her picture or you are going to be disappointed by some and surprised by others. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'll see the movie just because she is in it...

Somewhat irrelevant to being a good Laura Croft but as a former kickboxer and golden gloves boxer I am of the opinion that ballerina's are "superior athletes". Properly costumed she could be great...

Yeah, she is also good in The Danish Girl as well. I say it's a big upgrade to a good actress.

Those more concerned with boobs over talent and story are hilarious.

Well it is a video game movie, I'm not expecting much (other than boobs and action).

I'm obviously a minority but it's a pretty crappy metric to gauge the relevant ability of an actor to portray a role by her bra size. Would you feel comfortable about discussing the size of a man's junk as relevant to his acting ability?
Hah! Yea... but you have to admit, one of the big reasons that Lara Croft got famous in the first place is her breast size. So in a lot of ways, it's a defining feature of the character. I personally just think she looks out of place for the character.

Too many big breasted women have asses that look like 50lbs of squirrels stuffed into a 40lb sack.

Alicia-Vikander-Man-From-UNCLE-Movie-Poster.jpg

I would hit it...

I'm obviously a minority but it's a pretty crappy metric to gauge the relevant ability of an actor to portray a role by her bra size. Would you feel comfortable about discussing the size of a man's junk as relevant to his acting ability?
It's a body type issue. She's too small, not fit enough, and don't seem to have the charisma neccessary for the character. Yes the bra size is a part of the body type, while junk size hardly qualifies as body type. Now I'm more interested if she'll be muscular enough to be believable in the role, but I can understand the people who only want to see boobs. Is it some kind of a taboo or what? PC let's you complain about her height but not about her bra size? Why the distinction?

And if there was a male character from video gaming that was famous for having a mile long junk, then I wouldn't be comfortable if in the movie version he was played by tiny dick spencer.

It's a body type issue. She's too small, not fit enough, and don't seem to have the charisma neccessary for the character. Yes the bra size is a part of the body type, while junk size hardly qualifies as body type. Now I'm more interested if she'll be muscular enough to be believable in the role, but I can understand the people who only want to see boobs. Is it some kind of a taboo or what? PC let's you complain about her height but not about her bra size? Why the distinction?

And if there was a male character from video gaming that was famous for having a mile long junk, then I wouldn't be comfortable if in the movie version he was played by tiny dick spencer.
Not fit enough? Uhh... She's a trained Ballerina. People think of Ballerina's as artists but really they are superbly trained athelets. That means she's fit enough. She has superior flexibility, agility and stamina relative to the majority of the population. A small breasted Laura Croft is a valid complaint but pound for pound there are few women who can compete with a classically trained ballarina.

If it works, sure.
Not only her breast size, but she looks like a pole. Way too skinny from the pics I saw. Maybe if they put her on a diet of food she might fill out.

Not fit enough? Uhh... She's a trained Ballerina. People think of Ballerina's as artists but really they are superbly trained athelets. That means she's fit enough. She has superior flexibility, agility and stamina relative to the majority of the population. A small breasted Laura Croft is a valid complaint but pound for pound there are few women who can compete with a classically trained ballarina.
A fragile classically trained ballerina is not the body type I'd expect from a Lara Croft. Unless it's going to be some fantasy scifi flick where regular physics can be ignored, like firefly. Of course Hollywood regularly ignores physics in everything but that doesn't mean I have to like it. The ideal Lara Croft actress doesn't look like a ballerina, but like Jessica Biel in Blade.

But I agree fit is not the best choice of words on my part. I should have said she doesn't look strong enough.

does it really matter if she's a ballerina I thought it was more about if people believe she could be the character, I suppose if she is playing the young lc she could be a bit weedy and be believeable. thought Angelina jolie did a good job in the other films.

Some of you guys are reading this all wrong. It's not just about boobs, it's about her entire presence & physicality.

She doesn't have the tomboy frame / broad shoulders / deltoids & hips that I expect for Lara.

They can just giver her silicone bra cups that still jiggle without a boob job, but they can't give her a new skeleton.

Like with Supergirl & her costume, they gave her padded hips, booty, shoulder pads & delts - no problem.

With this girl as Lara, they can't do that. Oh well...

I would NOT accept King Geoffry from Game of Thrones as 17 year old Tarzan either...

Some of you guys are reading this all wrong. It's not just about boobs, it's about her entire presence & physicality.

She doesn't have the tomboy frame / broad shoulders / deltoids & hips that I expect for Lara.

They can just giver her silicone bra cups that still jiggle without a boob job, but they can't give her a new skeleton.

Like with Supergirl & her costume, they gave her padded hips, booty, shoulder pads & delts - no problem.

With this girl as Lara, they can't do that. Oh well...

I would NOT accept King Geoffry from Game of Thrones as 17 year old Tarzan either...

But what you are describing isn't Lara Croft anymore. You are looking at a design from 15+ years ago and still trying to hold onto that being the expected look. Would you argue that if a new Mario Brothers movie was made that Mario and Luigi should be played by twins of the exact same size? After all that is what they looked like for all NES games. Does matter that they redesigned them to make Mario the short fat one and Luigi tall and skinny. Would you still bitch that they should both be the exact same? I would assume not. That is the same here though and people are ignoring that. The current version of Lara Croft is that of a girl in her late teens / early twenties that was dropped into an environment where she had to learn how to survive so she wasn't already built for it. She was your average girl and that's it. Go back to page 1 and look at the imagine that was posted of current day Lara Croft. Where do you see this muscular woman at in that picture? That is what Lara Croft looks like now, the old look is completely gone.

You're right, the problem isn't Vikander, it's the modern, corporate, focus-grouped, bland and intentionally innocuous incarnation of Lara.

And given that, Vikander would probably be perfectly passable in the role.

Mmm...she has nice little titties. I'm the type that doesn't like punching bags so she's alright by me!

I will say however that as Lara Croft? Nah...she's too short, too petite (yes I know Lara was skinny but she had them legs...), and her face - while pretty in a way for sure - is just too plain jane in a way.

So yeah, hot little package for sure...I'd wifey based on looks in a heartbeat...but she is no Lara. Not even new-age "PC" Lara.

Nothing is sacred anymore I swear.

Last edited:
Back