Alice: Madness Returns for $4.99 TODAY ONLY on steam

I really liked the game. Amazing artwork and visuals. Well worth $5 if you like FPS.

mhm it's at 4.99 in cart then it bumps to 12.49 on checkout... wtf

Sweet will be grabbing this when I get home. I know my big sis will be stoked :)

I really liked the game. Amazing artwork and visuals. Well worth $5 if you like FPS.

If you like *3rd person FPS.

The art style is amazing and from what I played of the game so far its quite fun and entertaining. Well worth it at $5

Great horror game, I love how alot of people assume its a childrens game because of the title lol

Great horror game, I love how alot of people assume its a childrens game because of the title lol

+1!!! I didn't know it was going to be more on the intense side. When I first loaded the game, I was a little blown away by the into scenes lol. Good call, I love being surprised like that :)

Dammit, you guys have GOT to quit posting this stuff. You're going to get me in so much shit....

(I bit!)

I want to play it but it keeps crashing after the first cut scene. WTF gives? No other game ever crashes on me on this rig, lol. POS EA game!!!!! GRRRRRR there goes my five dollars down the drain! :mad:

Other than the umbrella not spinning and deflecting projectiles in the beginning (change the letter assignment as Alice Madness has two actions coded to that key), I had zero problems with the game. I played it through Steam.

More crashes. Finally got into the game and was v-sync locked at 31fps by default. Hacked my way to fix that now when I get into the game as soon as I move my mouse it crashes. Also noticed t hat there's no way to turn the Vertical axis invert off. I hate that. Why do I have to hack my way to play a game on the PC... Even for $5 this game is a joke. It's 2012 not 2002. Geesh. Uninstalling worthless pos game. Too bad because I wanted to like this game.

No controllers. Only keyboard and mouse and is 100% stable in all other games I have installed. I read all the other problems other people were having so it's not just me. This game is a POS port. The developers were lazy when porting this game over. Why do I need to hack the V-Sync to get it to do 60 fps? Why does it default to invert the vertical axis when using a mouse with no option to turn it off? These are simple things that they could not spend a few minutes fixing before release or yet fix it a year after the game came out? And not to mention the crashes on a perfectly stable rock solid system. Just my rant for the day because not only did it chew up my $5, but lots of my day trying to get this POS game to work!

Bought it. I got the Deus Ex deal too. Sigh, I can't resist a good steam deal.

How is this a crappy port? It plays fantastic for me with PhysX and all settings maxed. I had no frame rate, vsync or any other issues. I just can't play the game often I get motion sickness.

I bought this in an earlier sale. Playing this game I didn't really spot anything that scream "POS-Console Port."

No controllers. Only keyboard and mouse and is 100% stable in all other games I have installed. I read all the other problems other people were having so it's not just me. This game is a POS port. The developers were lazy when porting this game over. Why do I need to hack the V-Sync to get it to do 60 fps? Why does it default to invert the vertical axis when using a mouse with no option to turn it off? These are simple things that they could not spend a few minutes fixing before release or yet fix it a year after the game came out? And not to mention the crashes on a perfectly stable rock solid system. Just my rant for the day because not only did it chew up my $5, but lots of my day trying to get this POS game to work!

Must be your 1980 PC :p

How is this a crappy port? It plays fantastic for me with PhysX and all settings maxed. I had no frame rate, vsync or any other issues. I just can't play the game often I get motion sickness.

I bought this in an earlier sale. Playing this game I didn't really spot anything that scream "POS-Console Port."

Yeah, what's up with that? I was trying it on a friend's machine and it was more motion sickness inducing than any game I've played since Mirror's Edge (holy shit, never did a three hour game take me so long to beat, all due to motion sickness).

I have played Alice Madness Returns from start to finish...and although its a great game with fantastic artistic styling....it is a poor console port....and let me explain why

First off, black bars and no native support for 16:10 resolutions....second, the FPS is capped at 30fps, thats probably why some of you are getting motion sickness...I got a little dizzy myself.....third, the game literally breaks when you get to the umbrella part (where you use the umbrella block for the first time).....you basically get put up against this tank of an enemy, and in order to defeat him and "move forward with the game", you have to use the umbrella....problem is the game is ported so horribly, the keyboard controls don't pick up the commands, and you are unable to block, essentially breaking the game....in order to remedy this, you have to modify some files....check on the steam forums, there are plenty of people who have had this problem, including me

this is bad news...
I was loving this game & now it sounds like it will break and I won't be able to finish it w/ out hacks?

Great game, no motion sickness, no 'crappy computer' issues.

Underrated platformer, vivid and creative levels and provided enough of a challenge to keep me going.

I've played bad ports in my lifetime and I don't know what some of you people are talking about. It's a fantasy game that doesn't need high end textures to play. I was playing natively at 1920 x 1200 and it looked and felt great.

Game is worth every penny even without the discount.

Back