Alice: Madness Returns $7.49 or $2.49 @Amazon

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Alice: Madness Returns is on sale for $7.49 on Amazon today only. If you purchased direct downloads from Amazon during the past holidays, you have coupons in your email for $5 off the best selling games of 2011. Apply the code and get Alice for $2.49.

Alice: Madness Returns $7.49 - $5 coupon from email = $2.49.

Today only!!!

You can use the Amazon Downloader service to install the game or just add the code to your Origin client. Not a SteamWorks game although you can manually launch it through Steam. Also wanted to add that if you have part of a coupon left and want to get the full $5 off use another coupon and Amazon automatically saves the remaining amount for your next purchase. You can save a maximum of $5 off a single title though. Yes, I tried to stack them. :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
its a great little title...well worth $2.49!! my first run through was about 20 hours...and i enjoyed the combat and great art style

just be advised, 16:10 monitors you will have black bars and theres no way to fix it :( ...also theres various bugs with the game...some CAN be game breaking...umbrella is one of them, google it up before you go out to play ;)

Thanks for the reminder, OP... just grabbed it :). $2.49 for this is a steal, I gather.

just be advised, 16:10 monitors you will have black bars and theres no way to fix it :(

If you have an nvidia card and the game is outputting a 16:9 resolution you should be able to go into control panel under display/adjust desktop size and position, choose your monitor, scaling tab, and change aspect ratio / no scaling to full screen. There is also an override scaling checkbox that should force it. This should do the trick if the bars really are a bother. I don't know what AMD has for those options. There should be something similar though.

In the flurry of deal purchases I made leading up to Christmas, I'm not sure if I made a purchase with the $5 discount. Is there any way I can check?

[added]I figured it out. You receive an e-mail titled "Your Amazon.com Promotional Code" in that time period from Amazon.com that tells you.

Last edited:
If you have an nvidia card and the game is outputting a 16:9 resolution you should be able to go into control panel under display/adjust desktop size and position, choose your monitor, scaling tab, and change aspect ratio / no scaling to full screen. There is also an override scaling checkbox that should force it. This should do the trick if the bars really are a bother. I don't know what AMD has for those options. There should be something similar though.

oic, thanks for the tip...i already completed the game...it was bothering me pretty bad at first...and the whole control schemes as well...this game literally screams CONSOLE....but after putting a few hours under my belt, i got use to it and wasn't so bad...I just wanted to give a heads up to others

As of today, Amazon is my favorite game digital distributor now. Thanks OP... I need to check my email more often too :D

bought it also. Thanks OP I will test in nvidia surround portrait when i get back home.

This is one of the titles that I had been waiting to drop in price, though I used my last code on Dead Space 2. Oh well I think I can live without another single player campaign to play through heh.

Upcoming sales on Amazon will be:
1/15 – Alice Madness Returns: $7.49 - $2.49 with $5 Holiday Promo Code (for the bestsellers of 2011)
1/16 – Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 Bundle: $11.99 - $6.99 with $5 Holiday Promo Code (for the bestsellers of 2011)
1/17 – Medal of Honor - $6.99 - $1.99 with $5 holiday promo code (for the bestsellers of 2011)
1/18 – Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $6.99 - $1.99 with $5 holiday promo code (for the bestsellers of 2011)
1/19 – Crysis Maximum - $7.49 - $2.49 with $5 holiday promo code (for the bestsellers of 2011)
1/20 – Bulletstorm - $6.99 - $1.99 with $5 holiday promo code (for the bestsellers of 2011)
1/21 – Crysis 2 - $9.99 - $4.99 with $5 holiday promo code (for the bestsellers of 2011)

i've only played through a couple of levels, but it's a fun game; very similar stylistically to the first.

Got the email advertising this just as I came to the hot deals forum. $2.49 is a steal, in for 1!

Great visuals in this game, really like the designs. A bit different for PC games, and so not much attention. All of it was on DNF (released same week) instead haha... :p

Umbrella Bug Fix -

Goto - Alice Madness Returns\Alice2\AliceGame\Config

change -

Key_Block = TriggerBlock

to

Key_Block = TriggerBlock true | OnRelease TriggerBlock false

Keep the spaces

The change I did was rebind "hysteria" away from enter. Then you should be good to go.

1/15 – Alice Madness Returns: $7.49 - $2.49 with $5 Holiday Promo Code (for the bestsellers of 2011)
1/16 – Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 Bundle: $11.99 - $6.99 with $5 Holiday Promo Code (for the bestsellers of 2011)
1/17 – Medal of Honor - $6.99 - $1.99 with $5 holiday promo code (for the bestsellers of 2011)
1/18 – Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $6.99 - $1.99 with $5 holiday promo code (for the bestsellers of 2011)
1/19 – Crysis Maximum - $7.49 - $2.49 with $5 holiday promo code (for the bestsellers of 2011)
1/20 – Bulletstorm - $6.99 - $1.99 with $5 holiday promo code (for the bestsellers of 2011)
1/21 – Crysis 2 - $9.99 - $4.99 with $5 holiday promo code (for the bestsellers of 2011)

Do you know if The Witcher 2 or Skyrim will be apart of this? That's the only two games I want really.

Do you know if The Witcher 2 or Skyrim will be apart of this? That's the only two games I want really.

This week's special is EA games, which neither qualify.

Amazon doesn't sell Skyrim (or any Bethesda games). The only digital retailers I know that do sell it are D2D (and Gamefly), GMG, Impulse, and Steam.

The Witcher 2 also doesn't seem to be on their "best selling of 2011" list anymore, although I'm sure it was before.

This week's special is EA games, which neither qualify.
The Witcher 2 also doesn't seem to be on their "best selling of 2011" list anymore, although I'm sure it was before.

yeah witcher 2 WAS on their list...but they took it off about 10 days into 2012? something like that...i remember it was 20, so $15 with the code

Great game, I picked it over the steam holiday sale. Plays best if you use an X-Box controller. It's kinda a console port, but with better graphics, some of the physicsX is pretty nice if you've got an nvidia card and you can run a lot of it on your cpu for amd cards if your willing to tweak some of the ini file settings a bit.

I really loved this game. Worth more than $2.50. I couldn't stop playing because I just wanna see what the next chapter would look like.

BFBC2 for $6.99? Sheesh, that's a good deal. Of course, with the coupon, it's even better! I'll ask my son if he wants it. If not, what is the best game coming up this week?

I was considering using my $5 coupon for the BF3 expansion pack. I didn't get the expansion pack because I didn't pre-order. I got BF3 from Amazon (which is the reason I got the $5 coupon).

BFBC2 for $6.99? Sheesh, that's a good deal. Of course, with the coupon, it's even better! I'll ask my son if he wants it. If not, what is the best game coming up this week?

I was considering using my $5 coupon for the BF3 expansion pack. I didn't get the expansion pack because I didn't pre-order. I got BF3 from Amazon (which is the reason I got the $5 coupon).

I like Crysis 2 and Dragon Age Origins.

I am saving some coupons left for few games I want

DA series <- maybe
Bulletstorm
Crysis 2

Actually without the coupon it is not quite as good. BC2 has been $5 in multiple sales already. The multiplayer, according to the games forum, has also taken a rather big drop in quality, likely due to the community moving on with the release of BF3.

this Alice game looks a little too weird for me. I think I may wait and use my $5 coupon on Medal of Honor.

MoH is just basically a linear cinematic military shooter, what you'd find with COD, BF3, BC2, etc. single player. It definitely is conventional and not "weird" if that is what you are looking for.

You are right though, Alice can be considered a bit "weird" since it is a type of game not as prevalent on the PC.

I'm canadian and I cant buy it, because they wont accept my credit card info :(

You should be able to purchase from Amazon DD as long as it is "shipping" to a US address.

Back