Alcohol and Ebay don't mix...

KazeoHin

[H]F Junkie
So I have few vices in my life... One of them is an occasional enjoyment of fine liquor... The other vice I enjoy is browsing ebay for rare PC hardware... Well... These two should not mix... I now have mixed emotions about my most recent purchase.

20181018_205109.jpg

20181018_205158.jpg

20181018_205232.jpg

So I have a couple options. One: sell it. Make back some losses. Two: keep it, eat the monetary loss.

:drool: Something about dual GPU cards, always gets me excited, ever since I laid eyes on the ATi Rage Fury MAXX.

Was this the last dual GPU gaming card from nvidia?

Sell it and take the loss. The Titan Z was really one of the worst ever Dual cards.

Just sell it. I mean if you actually start using properly it in your main rig it'll just catch fire one day and explode. :LOL:

lol, bad luck!

I did similar trying to buy speakers for an Atmos setup.
I drunkenly bought 4 speakers from Ebay that would have been great... if they werent so big!
A small shelf runs round the top of the room and they need to sit on that, not a hope.
I ended up using 2 of them to convert from a basic 5.1 setup to 7.1 and have 2 spares.
Then soberly returned to Ebay and bought 4 much smaller speakers which are great for Atmos :)

I mean, I love the card, and it is great for my growing collection of Titans, but honestly I have no godamn use for it and I spent over $550 usd on this...

First mistake, that's not rare PC hardware. Did you think it was a 690?

Lovely card! I could actually use something like that if it wasn't so expensive. :eek:

I think the real old stuff the 3DFX would go up price in a few decades with the original box I mean alot of it it is really high priced the way it is I own a 3DFX APG 2000 but that isn't one of the rare cards.

This card is basically two TITAN Maxwells (which means neutered FP64 compute) correct? If so, then meh I would see if I could return it, or failing that, list it for sale at a same/higher price and see if someone bites on it...If it had the higher compute (which I believe ended with the Titan/Titan Black 6GB ala the Original Titans) then there is still a decent market for those cards due to their workstation/scientific uses...

I think the real old stuff the 3DFX would go up price in a few decades with the original box I mean alot of it it is really high priced the way it is I own a 3DFX APG 2000 but that isn't one of the rare cards.

That AGP V3 you have is much rarer then you think, just based on the fact it was their last mainstream card released in volume, and it has been ~20 years since they were released. Hold onto it and you will see it go up in value just like all the other HW from that era...I mean trash Super Socket 7 Mobos are getting crazy.

This card is basically two TITAN Maxwells (which means neutered FP64 compute) correct? If so, then meh I would see if I could return it, or failing that, list it for sale at a same/higher price and see if someone bites on it...If it had the higher compute (which I believe ended with the Titan/Titan Black 6GB ala the Original Titans) then there is still a decent market for those cards due to their workstation/scientific uses...

The Titan Z is two fully enabled Titan Black chips, so it is still a beastly FP64 card.

Ouch, maybe you can find someone who wants it for compute purposes.

:drool: Something about dual GPU cards, always gets me excited, ever since I laid eyes on the ATi Rage Fury MAXX.

Was this the last dual GPU gaming card from nvidia?
Fuck that thing and it's never having Windows 2000 support. Also, the Win2k SB Live! drivers. Those were also bad.

Back