Alan Wake $3, Franchise $4

I think I paid $2 for the whole damn bundle last week on Humble Bundle.

Steam lowered price in light of Humble Bundle.
Competition is good.

I gave about $12 for it last year during Steam sales.. was well worth it even at that price! Great deal!

Thanks for the heads up, this was a no-brainer since its under my $5 ever-growing Steam backlog list

Is this game any good? I read mixed reviews from the critics.

Steam lowered price in light of Humble Bundle.
Competition is good.

Wish it was that way but the humble bundle was over before the steam sale started (maybe overlapped a few hours, idk). Its more likely the publisher looking for more quick cash.

Is this game any good? I read mixed reviews from the critics.

And what style of game is it? It looks like a 3rd person style, sort of like.....well, I dunno...I haven't played any lately....last one I played was something like Silent Hill or something like that. I'm thinking about the franchise at $4...again, for the backlog I may never get to!

And what style of game is it? It looks like a 3rd person style, sort of like.....well, I dunno...I haven't played any lately....last one I played was something like Silent Hill or something like that. I'm thinking about the franchise at $4...again, for the backlog I may never get to!

If Twin Peaks and Stephen King had a baby, it might be Alan Wake. It’s survival horror-ish but more 3rd person shooter. Kind of like Dead Space I suppose. I enjoyed it but it does get repetitive towards the end. Yet I was curious enough to keep playing. I used a 360 controller and felt fine. Can’t comment on KB/M.

Bought the franchise. I have no idea if/when I'll play it, but for $4 you can't go wrong. And it gives the dev a little more cash!

Remedy is the same group that made Max Payne 1/2. You can even find an audio recording in this game done with Max Payne's voice. I bought the franchise last night, you can't go wrong for $4.

Also thanks for the heads up, I have to get the Humble Bundle now.

Isn't the developers haven't financial problems? A deep discount on THQ games was also around. Got the whole THQ collection for 25 dollars (with Darksider II)

Back