AKRacing Onyx Office Chair Build and First Impressions @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
AKRacing Onyx Office Chair Build and First Impressions

We unbox and build the AKRacing Onyx Office Chair. This is a high-end office chair with plenty of size for us big guys. It has several features that stand out over some of our previous chairs reviewed, namely this one be upholstered in "top grain" leather. Let's see how it all goes together and what our first week's impressions are.

If you like our content, please support HardOCP on Patreon.

If you're in the market for a solid fat-guy computer chair, take a good hard look at the Serta big & tall chair they stock at Walmart. I'm 6'3" 330 and it still has wiggle room for my big ass. Recliner level comfy too

Damn, two decent chairs in a row. I'm 6'6" and 270 pounds on any given Sunday, my current chair is the dx racer king. It's a decent chair two years in and the cushion is just starting to deviate.

The Secret Lab Titan is another good big and tall option.

I'm 5'10 220lbs. Is the Titan too big?
Height wise I would say so. I'm 6' and I have it as low as it will go, I would imagine that anything shorter would lead to you feeling like you're perching on the edge.

Height wise I would say so. I'm 6' and I have it as low as it will go, I would imagine that anything shorter would lead to you feeling like you're perching on the edge.
That sucks. I really want the adjustable lumbar support. Not sure what to get. The Omega looks too small and constricting. I think I weigh too much for it. Might have to go Icon, but I like the Softweave.

I'm 5'5" and having a tough time finding a suitable table as most tables are at about 2.5'. My leg can't reach the ground, and therefore leads to back pain due to poor posture. Adjustable tables are not getting much love.

I need to try one of these someday but nobody has them locally I want to try a Secret Labs Titan someday.

I am 6 foot, 34" inseams but weigh less than Kyle :). The large seat and lock for the back in any position makes me want one of these. The price though seems kinda high. Probably be prudent to invest in other areas of computing while waiting for the big 7nm transition next year for CPUs and GPUs. One of these chairs and a Vive Pro would almost set me back as much as one 2080 Ti - hmmm maybe not a bad deal after all.

That sucks. I really want the adjustable lumbar support. Not sure what to get. The Omega looks too small and constricting. I think I weigh too much for it. Might have to go Icon, but I like the Softweave.

I was going to say if you live in the Dallas area you could come sit in my Titan to see if it would work, but your name is D-Nasty and I don't think I want you sitting in my chair

Last edited:
I've had this chair for over a year now and love it, got it from Massdrop, I'm 5'9" and 220 and fits me fine. The leather parts look great a very nice chair!

Back