Airport WiFi card Q's

PsycoGeek

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought this Broadcom 802.11 AC wireless + Bluetooth card from Amazon a while back for my late 2012 rMBP and it's working beautifully with my new AC router (a Netgear Nighthawk X4 v.2), but I have a questions about it....

1.What form factor is this card?

2.Also, is this the same card that's in the new MacMini's?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I can answer number 2: no, it is not, my 2014 Mac Mini media center has a similar but not exact card.

It seems as if the form factor is M.2, or at least that's what someone said over on Amazon. Now I have a third question.....

3.Where can I find internal antennas to fir it? And what the hell kind of connector does it use anyway?

I need antenna for fast AC wireless and bluetooth 4.0

Something like these:

IMG_0174_zpsgimza3ps.jpg

eBay is your friend! Found antenna assemblies including the wires there. It finally dawned on me to look there. Wasted about 6 hours sporadically searching for them every where else.

eBay is your friend! Found antenna assemblies including the wires there. It finally dawned on me to look there. Wasted about 6 hours sporadically searching for them every where else.

Let us know how it all turns out.

Why did you need the antenna assemblies? Did you not have the original or did the new card require something different?

Last edited:
Let us know how it all turns out.

Why did you need the antenna assemblies? Did you not have the original or did the new card require something different?

The original antennas that are coming out of the cases I'm using for a MacMini [H]-ackintoshMedia PC won't make it from the card to where the antennas have to go, and I don't want anything sticking up from the back of the case(s). I also need three leads, two for WiFi and one for Bluetooth.

Another Q on that note.... I know discussing hacked fruit is against the rules, but how about showing off the case mod and build (in the case mod forum, of course)?

Back