Airdrop problems...

PsycoGeek

[H]ard|Gawd
At present I have an iPhone 5s, and iPad Air (both with iOS 8.1), and a 2012 Retina Macbook Pro running 10.10.. I can Airdrop just fine between the 5s and Air (both ways), but can't Airdrop to the Macbook. On the 5s and Air airdrop is set to everyone.

I've tried restarting all of them with bluetooth turned on, turned off. I've tried a forced reboot on the 5s and Air... nothing seems to work. In finder I can see the 5s and Air under Airdrop.

In the Bluetooth settings on the 5s I never see the Macbook... on the Air it shows up and I can connect to the Macbook.

I'm really at a loss here... anyone have any ideas?

Well, Apple has disappointed me on this one... air drop is available in OS 10.10 Yosemite, but only from the Macbook (or Mac anything) TO an iOS 8.1 device, not from your phone or iPad to the Mac.

Real bummer... But iCloud Photo Sharing fills the gap somewhat. I just wish I could Air Drop right to the rMBP. I wonder if they will ever get it working the other way?

OK... forget what I said about it not working from iOS to my rMBP. I was reading something about Air Drop on macworld.com and decided to give it another try and it DOES work!

Don't know what is different about today, other than the fact that when I originally posted thisI had an iPad Air and now have the iPad Air 2.

I love Airdrop...when it works. Usually I end up rebooting one of the two devices whether it's phone to phone or phone to my rMBP.

Back