Air Flows in a P182

mis3

Gawd
I am building a new PC with Antec P182. It comes with 3 Tri-Cool fans and I think the air flow should be:
1. Top of the back panel - Exhaust
2. Top panel - Exhaust
3. In the lower chamber behind the PSU - ???

How should I set the 3rd fan, exhaust or intake?

I plan to set all these 3 fans to low to minimize noise. I am also thinking to add a 4th fan (set to low again, intake) in the top HDD cage to improve the air flow. Any comments?

I plan to install only one HDD. Should I install it in the lower or upper HDD cage?

I am thinking to install the HDD in the lower cage and then put the extra fan in upper cage, right behind the front grille.

Any other suggestions?

I would definitely add a 4th in the front top for intake. Put your hdd in the bottom rack and remove the top hdd rack altogether for better airflow. If you get another tricool for the front intake I would suggest setting it to the medium setting to balance out the two exhaust fans.

Personally, I have a p180 with an additional high-speed intake fan in the front and the top hdd rack removed. I have the top fan set to intake on low to better cool the cpu (actually cools the cpu to a few degrees lower than when it is set to exhaust). The rear fan is exhaust set to high (or you could replace with a decent quiet high-speed fan). I feel that I have pretty good airflow with this setup. I have played around with this quite a bit and I get the best results with things set this way

Interesting concept to set the top fan to intake.

I am putting a Freezer Pro 7 to cool the new Q6600 (G0). My plan is as follow:
1. Back exhaust: Medium
2. Top exhaust: Low
3. Middle front of PSU: Low
4. Front: Low

My setup: P5K-Premium, Q6600, Cosair-620, WD-750GB.

Back