AIO for a Cougar MX 410 RGB Mesh ?

gandrian

n00b
Hi,
What AIO do you propose for a Cougar MX 410 RGB Mesh ?
- Front or Top ?
- Brands, models etc.

CPU : i7-10700k
Mobo : Aorus Ultra z490

Regards !
George

Right from the companies website.

product-section-06-01.jpg

I would say stick with a 240 rad. I would also go with the top mount, for longevity in case of evaporation.

You can use pretty much 240mm AIO which fits your style and budget. I’d go with a Fractal Celsius+ S24 Prisma, because I want the RGB bling...

Put it in the front if you care more about CPU temps, or the top to keep your GPU temps a bit lower. Your case can only support a 240 so you don’t need to worry about looking at 280s or 360s.

41A76126-5FD3-4CAF-BBBC-1A298522B194.jpeg

240 it is. front mount will give you better cpu temps but warmer gpu/mobo, top will give cooler gpu/mobo but warmer cpu. as an example of the temp changes, i stole this from KickAssCop :

Temps before playing Immortals Fenix Rising(top mount)
CPU 80 C
GPU 65 C
RAM 53 C

Temps after without any other changes(front mount)
CPU 72 C
GPU 68 C
RAM 59 C

240 it is. front mount will give you better cpu temps but warmer gpu/mobo, top will give cooler gpu/mobo but warmer cpu. as an example of the temp changes, i stole this from KickAssCop :

Temps before playing Immortals Fenix Rising(top mount)
CPU 80 C
GPU 65 C
RAM 53 C

Temps after without any other changes(front mount)
CPU 72 C
GPU 68 C
RAM 59 C

You could always add additional fans for exhaust where a top mount 240 rad would go. I saw his thread, but didn't read the whole thing to see if there were more fan changes than just the placement of the rad.

I did change the fans as well. However, I am back to top mounting the rad as other components are rated for much lower temps than the CPU. Also it feels quieter because my GPU fan RPM went down from 2600 to 1900. Also my chipset fan doesn’t come on when I top mounted the radiator. You can see my thread for all the details.

Back