AIO CPU and GPU - need a little help on placement, fans etc please

no break in.
whatever floats your boat, there isnt much difference.
i always set a manual curve, either in bios or with the aio software(if it has one). i will leave it flatlined at 25-30% until cpu hits ~45-50c, then a straight line to full blast at 75c. reason is that the aio will handle the normal little heat blips without needing the fan to to ramp up. it only need to ramp them up when the heat is sustained under a load.
yup, if you want the rgb flashies you need them on the "inside" of the rad.

it is a pretty big jump over a 240, in performance and less noise. also, a 280 is about 90% the performance of a 360...

edit: as cham. just added, rad thickness does play into performance. im compairing the standard 25mm rads most aios use.
Thanks this helps.

I think I may change his setup to the 280 then. I mean the dollars are the same just no RGB but like I said you can't even see the RGB fans when you are sitting there since the are deep into the case. You have to lean around to look at them. Plus I could always add something like Corsair 140mm ML fans if I want the bling I guess, just not cheaply. Performance is most important for the AIO for sure.

if he hasnt gotten it yet, yeah go 280. you in the sates? the 280, non rgb, is a steal down there, $113!
https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Liqui...ywords=ARCTIC+freezer+2&qid=1623437053&sr=8-3
also, im pretty sure it comes with P14 fans, which is a huge plus as they are ~73 cfm. odd it all comes preassembled though...
oh one more thing about it though, some of the early batches were missing some screws, you can replace them with M3x5 screws(ssd screws) IF you get older stock.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
will order the 280 then, it seems like the smarter plan. And if Arctic releases the 140mm in RGB I could always swap out.

Again performance is more important here. He will have RGB on the GPU rad and the other fan in the case as well as in his ram so I think he will be ok.

His setup will be similar to mine in the end.

And yeah 112 for the 280 is very good. A few months ago when I thought about doing this for myself you couldn't get AF products period and that was Steve's only complaint

Swapped out for the 280 today and mounted in the case correctly this time. Definitely gives more space between the rad and the GPU.

Tubes still wrap over the GPU which I don't like but its the only way it mounts properly in the case.

Also got my Arctic P12 ARGB fans and put one in the case. Its nice RGB looks good fan works very well and is pretty quiet. RGB brightness is pretty high so I turned it down quite a bit to a better level.

Temps while gaming for 2 hours today - highest was 67, avg was probably 56 or so. This is a little better than the 240 did but way better than the Noctua did before that. 5900x was hitting 85 an averaging mid to hi 70s during gaming. I know that's within limits but that's just way too hot IMHO.

I still have to spend some time on fan curves.

Just need the FTW3 Hybrid to show up and we can finish his PC. In general I am pretty pleased with my first attempt at AIO. It was a lot easier than I expected and AF makes a really good product. It's not as aesthetically pleasing as the Lian Li Galahad or the NZXT Krakens but it sure does work well.

Once thanks to everyone for the assistance.

Ok thanks.

GPU one makes sense ie up top exhaust out.

I guess I don't understand why you would make the CPU AIO intake and not exhaust too. Wouldn't the CPU AIO be dumping hot air back into the case that or am I just being dumb how it all works

Just trying to do this right is all
Having a RAD in the front of your case as an intake will add to the heat load of your case, but probably won't be significant enough to be an issue. You car works the same way, radiator accepts cool air from the front of the car and the fan blows the hot air from the radiator onto the engine. The larger issue is getting hotspot heat, your CPU and GPU chips, dissipated, conservation of energy (I think this is the right law of physics) applies here in that a hotspot when expanded that heat energy is now not as hot if spread over a larger area. I had a 120mm AIO as a top exhaust for my 2600X and it put out slightly warm air, but it wasn't hot air. You mobo and RAM temps may go up a bit from exhausting warm air into your case, but not so much that it would be an issue unless you are gaming outside in California right now!

I agree with others, put GPU RAD at the top as an exhaust as it tends to generate more heat. I would stick with the Arctic AIO, seem to be really good for the price, and now a 5 year warranty! I bought the "ugly" Noctua NF-A12 as a push fan and it helped lower temps about 4-5c and it is pretty quiet for a 2,000RPM fan inside a case. I've heard slower fans that made more fan noise.

Back