AIO and freezing temps

spenceass

n00b
I want to put an AIO on my 2700x but it's been below freezing here in BFE Kansas all month. Do I need to worry about it freezing if I order one? I don't know if they have glycol in them or not. Should I wait til Spring to order one?

I want to put an AIO on my 2700x but it's been below freezing here in BFE Kansas all month. Do I need to worry about it freezing if I order one? I don't know if they have glycol in them or not. Should I wait til Spring to order one?
no reason to worry about that afaik...i wouldn't wait

What do you keep your computer on the back porch ? :p or the House below 32..
even so I think they usually have a bit of glicole (sp) or the like to keep the Microbes down.

There is no worries with the package being delivered here in Kansas. Although I wouldn't let it sit overnight on the front porch if delivered. Keep an eye on tracking and collect it before the sun goes down. Or make a trip to Microcenter in KC, Or find someplace in Wichita that sells what you are looking for. Or Hutch, Hays, Manhattan, Lawrence, Salina, Etc...

I'm in the opposite corner from KC. Middle of nowhere basically. No way possible of making to a MC. Damn sure wish I could though!

So no other places are available? No Walmarts? Order online and have delivered to nearest store? I have been all over Kansas, and nothing is really out of reach. Good luck though

I'm disabled. Pelvis got crushed in bad accident. Nearest Walmart is about 1.5 hours away. Online ordering is my only choice.

If you order one, let it warm up to room temp and then just make sure you don't have liquid in the box before you install it.

I do have a BNIB EVGA G3 1000 watt PSU that has the jumper wire to turn it on, I guess I could run the AIO for a day to make sure it doesn't leak. I probably need a couple molex or sata to 4 pin cable adapters or whatever it takes also though I suppose.

It is likely that it won't be an issue as there should be a glycol based liquid in the unit, as said already, it helps with the build up of microbes and is less likely to cause a short if it leaks onto electrical components. I know places like Newegg have an option to deliver it to places like Walgreens for holding, is there something around you very close that could accompany that, or even a UPS store or similar mail place that it could be shipped to that would be easier for you to get to, or even have an uber pick up and deliver for you or something similar?

Back