Ainol Novo 7 ( Android Tablet ) $139.99 + Free Ship

I'm just trying to help you not get flamed out, i havent complained about the product, but the pricing is far from "HOT" .... May wan tto point out to people in the main post that it is really only $8 off, yes its a bit of savings, but really? its not a hot deal by any means, a ~40-50 price drop would be better (so ~33% off)

Kay cool, move along now.

Not sure why you police your threads with such an iron fist. Its a message board for discussion. You cannot simple tell people to not discuss. Thats now how it works.

Not sure why you police your threads with such an iron fist. Its a message board for discussion. You cannot simple tell people to not discuss. Thats now how it works.

No clue :cool:

I'm just trying to help you not get flamed out, i havent complained about the product, but the pricing is far from "HOT" .... May wan tto point out to people in the main post that it is really only $8 off, yes its a bit of savings, but really? its not a hot deal by any means, a ~40-50 price drop would be better (so ~33% off)

:cool:

Kay cool, move along now.

As long as other members are following the forum rules, they can post whatever they like. If you want the ability to close your own threads, that's a perk for forum subscribers, outside of that if you think someone's post is a problem report it.

You've been warned several times for similar behavior, enjoy your week off.

Everything about this tablet looks great, except Android 2.3.4. I know this can be rooted, but are there any Honeycomb 3.x roms out there? This is the only thing preventing me from buying one. Android 2.x does not work well on a tablet :/
There aren't too many honeycomb ROMs out there for tablets because Honeycomb was never open source. That's why the majority of customized ROMs available for tablets like this are based on Gingerbread. I know there are still honeycomb ROMs out there, but I'm not sure how they're doing it, legally.

Ice Cream Sandwitch (Android 4.0) is back to the open source roots (see what I did there?), so it's probably more likely to see ICS on one of these in the future than Honeycomb.

Have you've ever had one of these "Chinese" tablets? Lol.

+1 for SD Card
+1 for duo cameras
+1 for being $60.00 cheaper at the time it was on sale
+1 for the 500Mhz faster cpu

All that and still being cheaper. Ofcourse the kindle fire will be better to others, everyone has there own opinions.

I agree, it looks like a very nice machine. The older issues of dreadful unresponsive screens seem a thing of the past, however, bear in mind it is half the speed of the Fire, and has a lower resolution screen. That said, at $140, there is little to complain about.

the slogan on their website is classic...

index_right.gif

You seem really defensive about this tablet.. you a reseller or something?

Hes either a reseller or some kind of uniquely psycho chinese nationalist for sure....

And to ppl thinking about getting this tablet, just do yourself a favor and hold out a bit for the nook tablets to roll out.... this thing is a knockoff, unsupported POS...

I ordered the ainol tablet from merimobles. It took more than a week to even get a tracking number, and 2-3 more days for the tracking number to even show up on Usps/ems. Tracking has shown this ambiguous status "We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece" for the past 3-4 days.

I ordered the ainol tablet from merimobles. It took more than a week to even get a tracking number, and 2-3 more days for the tracking number to even show up on Usps/ems. Tracking has shown this ambiguous status "We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece" for the past 3-4 days.

It ships from China and I think they send it via Silk Road on the back of an elephant. I paid $22 for the "expedited" DHL shipping and it still took almost 2 weeks, so be patient.

The name is actually pronounced : AI NULL, you're probably thinking of it the other way, the way immature people would think of it.

I still lol'd and I find myself more-so on the mature side. I would love to pull one of these out at work.. "what ya got there D?"..oh it's just my Ai NULL tablet...

Please do not post negative feedback about the item of your own opinions(with no proof), this is not the place for that.
This..is also quite moot in itself, even positive feedback is mostly bias on this forum, so regardless if it is negative or positive--- I tend to feel the community is doing what it does best....Interacting. In my opinion, I would not buy one just because it is a no-name brand, I tend to buy no name brands when it comes to cables, that is it...for all product I have to pay more than a $100...well, I spend the extra money for what I believe, would still be bias and maybe even brand whoring.

I still lol'd and I find myself more-so on the mature side. I would love to pull one of these out at work.. "what ya got there D?"..oh it's just my Ai NULL tablet...

This..is also quite moot in itself, even positive feedback is mostly bias on this forum, so regardless if it is negative or positive--- I tend to feel the community is doing what it does best....Interacting. In my opinion, I would not buy one just because it is a no-name brand, I tend to buy no name brands when it comes to cables, that is it...for all product I have to pay more than a $100...well, I spend the extra money for what I believe, would still be bias and maybe even brand whoring.

You like grave digging? :/

Just a note

Novo7 Basic is the one with JZ4770 MIPS-based SoC. This is the one very recently in the news about upcoming Android ICS support.

The tablet is available now in China with the company promising it will be coming to the US and other regions in the coming months. Regarding pricing, the NOVO7 will cost $99 (£63) in the US, but there will be an additional $60 (£38) shipping fee to the UK on top of that, meaning the NOVO7 should still cost just £100 when it is available in the UK.

I would wait and then you might have a company to return it to if it fails.

didn't they make some junk media players in 5 and 7 in size with internal HD's a few years ago.
people said the pic quality sucked.

for clarification this thread is about the Novo 7 made by Anoil, not the Novo7 made by Anovo with ICM for $100.

I received my Novo 7 (Anoil) a couple weeks ago and while i havent played with it much it looks very nice and is very responsive, you can root it very easily with topnotchautomod. You can upgrade it to Honeycomb if you don't like GB, but so far there is no ICM rom for it that i know of.

You like grave digging? :/

wtf are you even talking about?

On topic, Old thread I know but would like to say that this Tab is in itself quite nice and sturdy with a nice gpu. You all know the downsides though. Lack of Bluetooth is just ridiculous in a modern tab. I understand saving some coin but I would pay 20 more dollars at least for BT. Streaming audio to my bluetooth speakers has made partys and social gatherings much easier.

Thats my only gripe though and I may be alone on this but I prefer 2.3 (atm)

Good tab but you get what you pay for.

Ah, so this isn't about the Ainovo Novo7 for $99 that comes with Ice Cream Sandwich. (http://www.ainovo.com/)

Sorry for the dub post just saw this. Thank you for the info on the novo7 I might end up grabbing one. I didn't even know these existed (same goes for the Ainol tab) Thanks OP and ironwolf I would make a thread about the novo tab. If some one like me who stays mostly up to date on tech stuff can appreciate that others will for sure :)

Sorry for the dub post just saw this. Thank you for the info on the novo7 I might end up grabbing one. I didn't even know these existed (same goes for the Ainol tab) Thanks OP and ironwolf I would make a thread about the novo tab. If some one like me who stays mostly up to date on tech stuff can appreciate that others will for sure :)

It's not for sale quite yet in the US from what I have read. When it does, would surely make a good posting.

buyer beware, these knockoff Anal tablets have MIPS processors in alot of their models, which causes many, many incompatibilities with applications designed for the rest of the Android universe (ARM based)

especially with 1st generation honeycomb tablets going for like $250 during sales these days, an unsupported, cheap knockoff chinese tablet really isn't a good buy....

wtf are you even talking about?

On topic, Old thread I know but would like to say that this Tab is in itself quite nice and sturdy with a nice gpu. You all know the downsides though. Lack of Bluetooth is just ridiculous in a modern tab. I understand saving some coin but I would pay 20 more dollars at least for BT. Streaming audio to my bluetooth speakers has made partys and social gatherings much easier.

Thats my only gripe though and I may be alone on this but I prefer 2.3 (atm)

Good tab but you get what you pay for.

If he's Chinese then he probably means "You are digging your own grave". I think the saying I just wrote has the same meaning as the Chinese version. Odd that the guy is really defensive about this tablet, to even go as far as making comments like this....

buyer beware, these knockoff Anal tablets have MIPS processors in alot of their models, which causes many, many incompatibilities with applications designed for the rest of the Android universe (ARM based)

especially with 1st generation honeycomb tablets going for like $250 during sales these days, an unsupported, cheap knockoff chinese tablet really isn't a good buy....

If you want to take a shot at generic Chinese tablets, you are in the wrong thread.

there is exactly one Ainol tablet using the MIPS chipset, the Novo7 basic. Ainol has only released two tablets other than the Novo7, the Novo5 & Novo8, both of which came out in May 2011. For the record, Ainol is better with firmware updates than any other Chinese domestic brand.

Calling a tablet that came out literally this week unsupported is a bit premature, and I am not sure what design you think the Novo7 basic copies other than the Novo7 advanced. You are either ill informed, confused, or purposely being an idiot, based on your reference to the brand name as "Anal". Also, comparing a $99 budget tablet to something two to three times its price point, go back under your bridge.

I picked up the Tablet that the OP posted and have had it for about 2 months...Phenomenal Little tablet, well worth the money. While the screen isn't as nice as the Kindle Fire, the amount of flexibility afforded to you is amazing (yes I know their is a root for the fire, but this Tabby is dirt cheap). Ainol has been freaking great with firmware. They keep releasing and updating it, and the tablet gets better and better.

Currently they released an Alpha Firmware with Ice Cream Sandwich. This tablet also has a decently sized and growing community around it.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/25776-ainol-novo-7-advanced-40-ics-updated/

Mind you, I'm still getting the Transformer Prime (5-Core is too good to pass up!) But if $500 is too much, then this is a Great Tablet for the price. I wouldn't get this for someone who isn't tech savy (get them a Fire/Nook/iPad 2). But for a tech geek like me, this thing is so open and flexible that just messing with it is fun.

Stock performance, I'd say it's a tad better than the original iPad. The combination of a 1Ghz CPU (it performs a tad better then the one in the original Galaxy Tab) and the GPU pulled off of the Galaxy SII (Mali-400) make this a formidable China-Tablet.

Worth the money!

I am still waiting to receive mine from almost a month ago!

Electronic Shipping Info Received
November 18, 2011

Ah, so this isn't about the Ainovo Novo7 for $99 that comes with Ice Cream Sandwich. (http://www.ainovo.com/)

Guys also know that since this CPU uses MIPS, you can download Dalvik Turbo for it, which is an optimized version of the standard Dalvik VM. It speeds up the performance by 2-3x while reducing power consumption, so don't count this thing out. Go on YouTube and type in 'Dalvik Turbo' and you'll see what I mean.

didn't they make some junk media players in 5 and 7 in size with internal HD's a few years ago.
people said the pic quality sucked.

actually Ainol pmps using the SC9800 chipset were regarded as the best, particularly the 4.8" v6000HDT and the 4.3" v9000HDA. Eventually they did release budget models with lower quality screens because that is where the market went.

They really are one of the better Chinese brands and their product support is far better than their domestic competition who release new models rather than fix existing ones. don't count out Ainol because they have little brand recognition outside of China.

As ling as you're ok with no Bluetooth and no Skype

for clarification this thread is about the Novo 7 made by Anoil, not the Novo7 made by Anovo with ICM for $100.

I received my Novo 7 (Anoil) a couple weeks ago and while i havent played with it much it looks very nice and is very responsive, you can root it very easily with topnotchautomod. You can upgrade it to Honeycomb if you don't like GB, but so far there is no ICM rom for it that i know of.

If confusion wasn't intentional by these companies, then they inadvertently hit a home run, because that is extremely confusing.

I want to get one for my brother for Christmas, the website link in the op is out of stock,

Just want to make sure this is the same version

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ainol-Novo7...US_Tablets&hash=item19cb9d0179#ht_4523wt_1139

Basically the same price, I'm just worried it won't get here in time for the holidays =(

Looks the same, but can't tell you for sure. If you don't care about getting it physically by the 25th, then order. I am still waiting on mine from ordering before Nov 18th!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back