Ainol Novo 7 ( Android Tablet ) $139.99 + Free Ship

"ainol" now that is some serious engrish funny right there. Sorry, I can't resist, I'm literally lol.

The name is actually pronounced : AI NULL, you're probably thinking of it the other way, the way immature people would think of it.

I really hope this is still this price come next pay day. I think this will be my frivolous purchase for the week :p

Not td nor do I have anything against this company, but for those who aren't Chinese literate, the company is based in China(Shenzhen actually).

This is serious bang for your buck, hardware-wise. Now you've got me considering cancelling my Kindle Fire pre-order. Oh, decisions...

This is serious bang for your buck, hardware-wise. Now you've got me considering cancelling my Kindle Fire pre-order. Oh, decisions...

I wouldn't. The higher resolution screen on the Kindle is a much better choice. Amazon's return policy is awesome if you don't like it as well. Exchanging one with issues would be a cake-walk as well.

The bar is set really high for these Chinese tablets now, because there's no way they can provide the kind of service Amazon can. You have to pay $30 more at the bottom for some "USA Service Plan."

The only pro this tablet has over the Fire is the MicroSD slot.

Saving my money for the new Asus Transformer Prime 10" Tablet coming out this November that will be extremely powerful.

I wouldn't. The higher resolution screen on the Kindle is a much better choice. Amazon's return policy is awesome if you don't like it as well. Exchanging one with issues would be a cake-walk as well.

The bar is set really high for these Chinese tablets now, because there's no way they can provide the kind of service Amazon can. You have to pay $30 more at the bottom for some "USA Service Plan."

The only pro this tablet has over the Fire is the MicroSD slot.

Have you've ever had one of these "Chinese" tablets? Lol.

+1 for SD Card
+1 for duo cameras
+1 for being $60.00 cheaper at the time it was on sale
+1 for the 500Mhz faster cpu

All that and still being cheaper. Ofcourse the kindle fire will be better to others, everyone has there own opinions.

This is the section of the [H] website where we show others the good deals we've found, not to compare products or give them a full overview.

If you've read my first post, I asked for no one to post there own opinions. Sorry but not to be rude, it just amazes me how so many people fail to read and then post accordingly...

Saving my money for the new Asus Transformer Prime 10" Tablet coming out this November that will be extremely powerful.

I honestly don't know why you posted this... it's useless for me, and for the rest of the [H] community.

Last edited:
The sale reduced the price $8? Surprised Merimobiles didn't go out of business on this door crasher. :rolleyes:

I personally wouldn't touch a knock off no-name tablet for anything more than $99. If you really want to take a gamble on something that might turn out to be a piece of crap, then buy one of those for really cheap.

But since the Kindle Fire is coming for $199, the closer in price these cheap tablets get, the more the clearly far superior Kindle Fire makes buying one of these pretty senseless.

There seems to be some confusion around the internet whether this CPU actually runs at 1.5ghz or not. All the other sites say it only runs 1ghz. Besides, the Kindle Fire has a dual core 1GHz CPU.

I don't see much information on the screen on the Ainol, but the Kindle fire has a better resolution, and by all hands-on accounts, the screen is beautiful.

The kindle fire doesn't have a camera, which would suck for anybody who wants to do skype, etc. Skype is pretty strict about which devices are allowed to do video chat, so there's very little chance a no-name tablet is going to be able to do skype video chat anyway. For that, I would suggest the Asus Transformer for $399 or less.

If you really have $150 to blow on a potentially useless toy, then buy something like this. If you really want to use a serious tablet, I would buy a known commodity.

This is what I get for reading the Ainol NOVO 7 and Kindle Fire pages side by side...jebo beats me to the punch. Good points.

+1 for SD Card
+1 for duo cameras

Note that this CPU is single core, the Fire has a dual core. Also, it clearly says the firmware is running at 1.0 Ghz currently, so the point is moot. Display on this is also 800x480 versus 1024x600. The obvious point is the entire reason the Fire is being released: Amazon content.

Given that the manufacturer doesn't even have an English site, the Fire is staying on my Christmas list, but I wouldn't touch this with a 10' pole.

This is what I get for reading the Ainol NOVO 7 and Kindle Fire pages side by side...jebo beats me to the punch. Good points.

Note that this CPU is single core, the Fire has a dual core. Also, it clearly says the firmware is running at 1.0 Ghz currently, so the point is moot. Display on this is also 800x480 versus 1024x600. The obvious point is the entire reason the Fire is being released: Amazon content.

Given that the manufacturer doesn't even have an English site, the Fire is staying on my Christmas list, but I wouldn't touch this with a 10' pole.
oh, and I forgot to mention, no android market support on the Ainol. I guess you could somehow get your hands on the amazon market?

Thanks for posting the video review. Looks decent enough, hopped on it! Even at $150, it's a pretty good deal! Capacitive? Check. 1Ghz+ Processor? Check! Expandable storage? Looks good! A modern version of Android (2.3.4), Pretty great!

Just need something to use while I browse Gamefaqs while gaming on Console, this looks like it fit the bill.I need somthing new to play with to boot!

I got mine today! It really an amazing tablet for $150!! Did some more diging and found that it uses the same GPU as the Samsung Galaxy S II (Mali-400). So, this is basically a budget Galaxy Tab. No market, but Will root and play some more. Thank you for posting this!

Because we have something here called "Free Speech".

And because it really is a great Tablet! Got mine today, and it's really smooth. So far the first Android device that I have gotten that didn't have to be RMA'd out of the box (My Nexus One was dead the day I got it, and I went through 2 G2X's before I got a working one.

Lol Ainol.

Have you've ever had one of these "Chinese" tablets? Lol.

+1 for SD Card
+1 for duo cameras

All that and still being cheaper. Ofcourse the kindle fire will be better to others, everyone has there own opinions.

This is the section of the [H] website where we show others the good deals we've found, not to compare products or give them a full overview.

If you've read my first post, I asked for no one to post there own opinions. Sorry but not to be rude, it just amazes me how so many people fail to read and then post accordingly...

I honestly don't know why you posted this... it's useless for me, and for the rest of the [H] community.

Agreed.

Are you kidding me? The Transformer Prime "useless" compared to your Chinese Anal tablet?

You seem really defensive about this tablet.. you a reseller or something?

No bluetooth, not a big issue for most..

I find no bluetooth to be a huge issue with a tablet, and im sure MOST others do too.

Agreed.

Are you kidding me? The Transformer Prime "useless" compared to your Chinese Anal tablet?

You seem really defensive about this tablet.. you a reseller or something?

The post itself was useless. I'm no reseller, just trying to save people some money.

Save up for Prime? Go ahead, we don't need to know. I can't believe at how many of you guys keep calling this unit "Anal". Just shows how mature this community is.

Lack of bluetooth is a major downside for home automation uses. For example, instead of dropping a few grand on a multi zone whole home audio system, I was simply planning on mounting one of these babies on the wall in each room and using bluetooth audio to stream to the speakers.

LoLANALOL

This is a pos chinese tab from what i can gather. Maybe at 99$ id buy one just to eff with it. OP seems to have some serious personal interest in pimping this tab which adds to wanting to stay clear of it.
No BT? Seriously?

Everything about this tablet looks great, except Android 2.3.4. I know this can be rooted, but are there any Honeycomb 3.x roms out there? This is the only thing preventing me from buying one. Android 2.x does not work well on a tablet :/

Everything about this tablet looks great, except Android 2.3.4. I know this can be rooted, but are there any Honeycomb 3.x roms out there? This is the only thing preventing me from buying one. Android 2.x does not work well on a tablet :/

Not sure if there is, sorry.

$8off =not hot deal at all....not even luke warm, probably better off the mobile computing section

Thanks OP. I bit. I needed something for the kids to play around with.

Back