Ainol Novo 7 ( Android Tablet ) $139.99 + Free Ship

Hacking? There was no hacking involved.

I was just referring to the fact that it apparently takes the right combination of firmware and Skype versions. Not exactly ready out if the box, the way it sounds

Ok, my order date was 11/8/2011 from Merimobiles. I assume my box got placed on the Titanic and the ship sank on its way over as I still have not gotten it!

Ok, my order date was 11/8/2011 from Merimobiles. I assume my box got placed on the Titanic and the ship sank on its way over as I still have not gotten it!

I think they have a guarantee that if you don't get your item in a certain amount of time you get your money back.

I will have to call them on Monday. 2 weeks is fine, 4+ weeks is ridiculous!

shipping from China / Hong Kong to the states normally takes about a month unless you use FedEx or a private carrier. With FedEx I have had packages from China in 2 days, before the delivery info is even updated, but you do pay extra.

I just ordered one of these from aliexpress.com for $140 shipped via FedEx with the "leather" novo 7 case.

I canceled my ebay order for 160 shipped, and went with the ali website for 150 shipped + case + screen protectors, shipped via FedEX. Hopefully it comes in time for Christmas for my brother.

got mine busted wi-fi :( refuses to work with my router or phone via wi-fi hotspot regarless of WEP, WPA, WPA2 or completely open. Flashed at least 5 different firmwares and nada, static ip settings didn't work all i see its connecting - connected - connecting none stop :(

Now to return it and hope I can get another one before Christmas :rolleyes:

Did you get it from merimobiles?

Aliexpress. Opted for a unit only deal. $146 shipped by FedEx. Shipped last night.

**EDIT** Although I rec'd a tracking number on Thursday morning, I woke up Friday morning to an out of stock email. Sounds like everyone is sold out of these.

Last edited:
So you guys who have the tablet and are using it: how smooth is it for general use? Does the small number of pixels bother you when browsing the web? With 1.5GHz and Mali-400 on a tiny 800 x 480 screen I'd expect it to fly, but who knows what bloatware they may install on it. I like stock ROMs myself, nothing beats their smoothness (at least on the DInc, which can't manage Sense).

So you guys who have the tablet and are using it: how smooth is it for general use? Does the small number of pixels bother you when browsing the web? With 1.5GHz and Mali-400 on a tiny 800 x 480 screen I'd expect it to fly, but who knows what bloatware they may install on it. I like stock ROMs myself, nothing beats their smoothness (at least on the DInc, which can't manage Sense).

i've got two now and both are smooth as butter, they run everything i've thrown at them no problem, i thought 512mb ram would be more limiting but its not, i use Dolphin browser HD, and it is very good, i don't like touchscreen keyboards AT ALL, but its not too bad when using something of this size. It can be a little awkward to type on because its too small to type with your fingers but a little too big to type on with your thumbs, so i sometimes bump the home or menu buttons.

The only issue for me is that the touch buttons are NOT backlit, while its not a big issue it annoys the crap out of me :mad:

all in all for $140 i give it a 5/5

EDIT: Just wanted to add, there is nearly no bloatware installed on it, i rooted mine with topnotchautomod and it was very easy, i had to google around for a little to find drivers for windows 7 x64, but it was pretty easy to find. If anyone needs help rooting or updating the firmware pm me and i can help.

mine just died after 2 days LMAO oh my god what a horrible experience I guess they are right when they say "you get what you pay for"

mine just died after 2 days LMAO oh my god what a horrible experience I guess they are right when they say "you get what you pay for"

Send it back and get a new one, thanks for sharing though.

i've got two now and both are smooth as butter, they run everything i've thrown at them no problem, i thought 512mb ram would be more limiting but its not, i use Dolphin browser HD, and it is very good, i don't like touchscreen keyboards AT ALL, but its not too bad when using something of this size. It can be a little awkward to type on because its too small to type with your fingers but a little too big to type on with your thumbs, so i sometimes bump the home or menu buttons.

The only issue for me is that the touch buttons are NOT backlit, while its not a big issue it annoys the crap out of me :mad:

EDIT: Just wanted to add, there is nearly no bloatware installed on it, i rooted mine with topnotchautomod and it was very easy, i had to google around for a little to find drivers for windows 7 x64, but it was pretty easy to find. If anyone needs help rooting or updating the firmware pm me and i can help.

Cool, thanks for sharing. :)

Not bad, considering that just last year $150 would get you craptastic resistive touchscreen china-made plastipad. Things have come a long way in such a short time.

I'll give it a few more months, then might swoop one of these (or one like it) up for an HTPC remote (XMBC has really nice android software).

Has anyone that has ordered from AliExpress received their order? Thinking about cancelling my MeriMobile order and ordering one from AliExpress instead.

received my tab on nov 28, good tab, crappy rear camera lens and crappy wi-fi but other than that a good tab

I got mine today. Put the 2.0v3 firmware on it. I might try the ICS beta, but this seems to work plenty good for what I need it to do. Screen is ok at best, but what can you expect from a cheap tablet. Definitely is faster than my old Nook Color with CM7 on it.

I believe mine is at the post office now, have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up. At least it finally arrived :/

I got mine fairly quickly from Aliexpress. Within 2 weeks, which isn't all that bad. When I ordered from merimobiles it took 3 weeks.

Anoil announced a new version of the novo 7 called the novo 7 elf, didn't read too much into it but the big difference seems to be the ips display (vs the TN display in the novo 7 advanced, which has some pretty limited viewing angles in landscape)

I still have not received mine from Merimobiles, USPS tracking info has not changed. I thought it had arrived yesterday, but when I went to pick it up at the PO, it was just my DTMTuning HIDs :/

Merimobiles said that they would refund me, but I have not gotten a refund yet. I may wait until the Elf comes out, I would gladly pay a bit more for a better screen.

I still have not received mine from Merimobiles, USPS tracking info has not changed. I thought it had arrived yesterday, but when I went to pick it up at the PO, it was just my DTMTuning HIDs :/

Merimobiles said that they would refund me, but I have not gotten a refund yet. I may wait until the Elf comes out, I would gladly pay a bit more for a better screen.

The screen on this tablet wasn't all that great. Not as noticeable though because it was only 7". Similar to the panel on the Viewsonic G-Tab which is notoriously bad.

So my Novo 7 was considered lost in the mail. Merimobiles customer service was helpful and I decided to just have them send a Ainol Paladin Knight instead since the Novo 7 Advanced is out of stock. I told cust service in an email to ship this unit out via Fedex or DHL, but they sent me a USPS tracking number ... which said my package was delivered to somebody in Washington. I live in Iowa, they either sent me the wrong tracking number or sent my tablet to somebody else.

I emailed customer service back, but have not heard anything back from them since last week. DO NOT BUY FROM MERIMOBILES!

Back