Aiming and Mining Script for ME2

mas

[H]ard|Gawd
sick of holding down your mouse button because console devs suck? let autohotkey do it for you!
save your middle finger for more important uses, like pressing mouse buttons one at a time.

http://www.autohotkey.com/

app and source

both script and compiled version included. run the exe if you don't have/want autohotkey installed, or just the script before starting your game. all it does is enable a toggle function for your right mouse button when capslock is on, so you don't have to hold it down while aiming and scanning planets for mining, and you can easily turn it on and off for other parts of the game that need normal right mouse function.

- directions -

- run the script or exe before starting your game, no need to install autohotkey if you don't already have it
- hit capslock while in game to enable/disable right mouse toggle

Last edited:
So the right mouse button is always on...So when I'm done surveying the planet I have to alt + tab and close out of the autokey. I'll deal with pressing the right mouse button, it's really no that hard.

The second link does not work.

thanks, link fixed.

So the right mouse button is always on...So when I'm done surveying the planet I have to alt + tab and close out of the autokey. I'll deal with pressing the right mouse button, it's really no that hard.

see op:

both script and compiled version included. run the exe if you don't have/want autohotkey installed, or just the script before starting your game. all it does is enable a toggle function for your right mouse button when capslock is on, so you don't have to hold it down while aiming and scanning planets for mining.

I don't know how this could be made more clear, I put it in the original post, the readme file, the code comments. I really hate when people put apps up with no description whatsoever of how to use them, and I agree it would be pretty retarded to expect you to alt-tab just to enable/disable it.

I wouldn't want to play without it, to me it makes the difference between a great game and an aggrevating chore. just proves that they did nothing beyond making sure that it just works, these mechanics could not have possibly received positive feedback in testing.

If your going to cheat, you might as well go all the way and use a trainer.

I wouldn't consider this cheating at all. it doesn't actually aim or scan for you, just lets you do it without holding down a button. I don't think trainers would even bother with this kind of function since it doesn't change any numerical values, then it's pointless in this case since we still have to deal with it.

really? it's that hard to hold a button?

well have you played the game? it's obviously not, but there's no reason to do it if you have a choice, just should not have been done that way imo. reason being to offer that option, which you need not take if you're satisfied with the original controls.

really? it's that hard to hold a button?

You obviously haven't played it yet, at least not done some decent surveying. It gives you a small targeting reticle when you hold the mouse button down to scan. then you have to sweep that across the planet slowly and watch a graph. It can take at least 5 mins to fully scan a planet for most small planets, that's just getting some of it. Now go on a mining spree for some upgrades where you'll be scanning planets for the next hour at least and it gets pretty damn tiring.

wow, what a chore. Yeah, 5 minutes of mouse scanning doesn't sound desirable, much less holding a button.

I just turn my mouse speed way up. It takes a couple mins to empty a planet. Not really a big enough deal to use a macro.

Yes I get cramps in my middle finger when killing the 123345563232345th goblin in torchlight. ME2 Can't compare to the right click fest that is Torchlight.

Will this script work with Logitech G15?

this uses script commands through windows api, so it should not have any driver/hardware difference.

basically the way it works is, when you turn it on it sends half a click instead of a full click, so that you can let go and do your thing without holding down the button the whole time. so it actually does less than what the game does, in terms of automation if you want to think about it that way.

Back