AIM start window pop up BS...

lastrites

Limp Gawd
I unchecked the button in prefs, yet it continues to pop up.

This is with the newest AIM version.

How do I get it to stop?

Download DeadAIM or AIM+ or some other more useful/functional AIM compatable program (Trillian?) and then go and uninstall AIM, Install the other program. Problem solved. No adware, no spyware, no weatherbug, no browser homepage changes, no popups of garbage at startup, and no movie trailer/ads downloading and playing back in the small AIM box while you go about using it.

I dont have permission to download new programs at work. I have to make due with AIM some way.

try going to www.aim.com and click the link for Aim Express, it runs aim in java, and last time I used it it had no popups.

Well, its not really a popup issue, its the AIM Today window and for some reason it still shows up when you log on even when you uncheck the box in preferences if your using one of the latest versions of AIM.

I've always been able to turn off that AIM today window in the preferences, not sure why it won't work.

Do you know if they clean your computer every day at work? I know where I work that they reimage every computer upon startup so that spyware and viruii won't clog up the somputer.

burningrave101 said:
Well, its not really a popup issue, its the AIM Today window and for some reason it still shows up when you log on even when you uncheck the box in preferences if your using one of the latest versions of AIM.

This person is right on. I've not had this problem except with the latest version of AIM.

puck said:
I've always been able to turn off that AIM today window in the preferences, not sure why it won't work.

Have you updated to the newest version within the last month?

I think the only way to solve this problem is by acceptance. I have the same problem. It may be (only in theory as of yet) that if AIM is used by several users on teh same computer and on of them does not have that box unchecked, it pops up anyway. Just a theory though. No to mention all things AOL and Microsoft are crap anyway.

burningrave101 said:

I'm running a cleaned version of aim 5.9.3690 and I'm having the same problem it won't go away :mad:

qb4ever said:
I'm running a cleaned version of aim 5.9.3690 and I'm having the same problem it won't go away :mad:

Yea it started pissing me off when it kept showing up every time i logged on even though thats the first thing i disable in preferences when i install AIM. I've pretty much stopped using AIM messenger lately anyways because MSN and Yahoo messengers are a hell of alot better and have more features.

Back