AIM Refuses to hold connection.

Same as title, AIM constantly loses connection and does the whole reconnecting bit, Ive tried messing with all kinds of crap and even downgraded, nothin, its gotten worse and worse over time and I have noooo clue whats going on. Net works fine when browsing and all that, its just AIM. With the newer version it wouldnt even tell me ive lost connection, id find out after noticing people not responding, then hitting "check info" only to have "Please Wait..." show up then after about two mins run through the reconnection process. Anyone else ever have this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated, its really really bad right now.

Is this at home or is this a school or work connection? What type (DSL, dial up, etc.) of connection is it?

Have you tried using other programs for AIM, such as Trillian?

theDot said:
Is this at home or is this a school or work connection? What type (DSL, dial up, etc.) of connection is it?

Have you tried using other programs for AIM, such as Trillian?

Its home on a Cable connection, never had problems before, just very recently (within the last two months if that) Never tried using any other programs for AIM other than Dead AIM once and some other similar program, but I hated them. I just use the program to talk to people I know so I dont need it to look or act all fancy.

is there a possibility of any spyware conflicting with it? Or any other programs you would be running (with or without your knowledge) that would effect it?

you may want to try changing the port and the server in AIM. I cant put steps down on how to do it, because im at work and we dont have AIM here, just look around and try port 80 and also try changing the server....

sniper991122 said:
is there a possibility of any spyware conflicting with it? Or any other programs you would be running (with or without your knowledge) that would effect it?

Hmm not that I know of, I run AdAware about once a week, and im not running anything I havent run before all the years it was fine. Ive had this current setup give or take a few parts for about two years now probably and never had any problems till recently.

I would do what cak suggested... try changing ports and/or AIM server.

Man guys, thanks a friggin heapload, so far its holdin strong, its only been about ten or twenty mins, but considering the connection used to go out every 12 seconds its already better haha. Thanks again, hopefully that fixed it.

Kitt2003 said:
You should get a new computer. The one you have now is probably broken.

Hahaha, yea I just bought a new one since AIM wasnt working. Dude, I got an OoGhIJ MIQtxxxXa.

Back