AIDA 64 failure. Should I be worried?

So I have an Asrock x570 Taichi with a 3700x and Gskill Trident z Neo that was advertised for AMD x570 boards. When I leave the ram at stock 2133 I can run AIDA64 stress test all day long. When I enable xmp profile I get a hardware failure message. When I enable xmp profile and set infinity fabric to 1800 I also get the hardware failure message when running the stability test. In either instance I do not have any system instability that I can see. I can play games for hours, the system runs all day without crashing. Should I be concerned? Is this a known issue with AIDA64?

XMP profile put RAM at 1.35v? .. what happens when you manually set memory to 3600mhz? GDM on or off? What BIOS version are you running on that Taichi?

Just updated the biod to 3.2. Now I have a different issue. The PC will only boot into windows. If I try to enter bios it goes into a boot loop.

What speed is the ram xmp profile? Can trying setting fclk to 1600 to rule out imc. Not all 3000 series can run 1800 on fclk perfectly stable.

Was able to get into bios by holding shift and shutting down, then on bootup f2 finally worked. The new bios were there along with a new profile for my specific ram. So I set to that profile, touched nothing else, got into windows fired up aida64 with high hopes and no joy. Memory failed again.

Is it a 3000mhz kit then?
No it is a 3600mhz kit. https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232863?Item=N82E16820232863
Before this bios update I had tried setting xmp profile, then setting infinity fabric to 1800. I also tried just the xmp profile. When just setting xmp profile the mobo sets Infinity fabric to 1500. I have touched nothing else in bios, everything else is set to auto. After current bios update, my mobo recognized my ram in bios and I have 2 new options. Trident z neo 2x8gig or trident z neo 4x8gig profile. So I have 4x8gig and I set that profile, touched nothing else accept set my fan profile to aggressive. Do i need to touch voltage? I am scared of that with ryzen.

Last edited:
No it is a 3600mhz kit. https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232863?Item=N82E16820232863
Before this bios update I had tried setting xmp profile, then setting infinity fabric to 1800. I also tried just the xmp profile. When just setting xmp profile the mobo sets Infinity fabric to 1500. I have touched nothing else in bios, everything else is set to auto. After current bios update, my mobo recognized my ram in bios and I have 2 new options. Trident z neo 2x8gig or trident z neo 4x8gig profile. So I have 4x8gig and I set that profile, touched nothing else accept set my fan profile to aggressive. Do i need to touch voltage? I am scared of that with ryzen.
soc voltage 1.1 is safe. XMP should set 1.35v for dram. CPU voltage can be left on auto if you aren't changing the multiplier and letting PBO do its thing. 4 sticks is harder on the memory controller so definitely make sure soc is 1.1 and not 1.025v. Not entirely sure why it sets 1500 for fclk but I would leave it on auto so you are strictly troubleshooting ram and not wondering if it is ram or cpu instability.

Back