Ah! Comp crashed! Help

iha

Limp Gawd
My windows XP wont start. When I try and start it loads a whole screen saying something about partitian file something.dll (or .something else) failed or is corrupt or something. Any ideas? I tried repairing it w/ win XP cd, but no luck.

Well I put the HD in my other comp. and started it up. Looks like the partician that had all the data I needed on it crashed. I have a program that will let me get most of it back (HOPEFULLY!) but last time I used it I think a lot of the files were missing parts of it. It's called like r-studio I think? (i can't remember the name of the program :( )

If you have any other ideas please let me know. This computer is acutaully one I'm trying to fix for my friend who has some very important stuff on there. He's in the realestate buisness and has something on there he needs to close on a house today. And all his other stuff. He said he's stupid for not making a backup. yes he is.

Ok. I recovered like 19 GB worht of stuff. The guy I'm doing this for wants athena program and files that go w/ it back and MS outlook emails back. That's the main 2 things he wants back..

here is an image of what all was recovered
folders.jpg

anyone know where I would look for thse 2 things? I think athena is in the win2000 folder, but it's also in the Volume folder that is highlighted (along w/ a lot of other stuff).

The outlook data file is located in
\\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst
This file can be imported into outlook using the File -> Import command

Can't help you with the other one!

Back