AGP club

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome, seems like the 9800 and 6600 is the most popular agp card that people use in this thread!! :)

edit:43 pages for the agp club!!! Thanks to everyone who replied!! Keep up the good work :)

Still running an Athlon XP 2500 w/ Radeon 9700 Pro AIW. (Ahh I can't believe how godly that felt when I first got it) :D

Hoping to upgrade to an i7 just can't make my final decision on a video card.

Still running an Athlon XP 2500 w/ Radeon 9700 Pro AIW. (Ahh I can't believe how godly that felt when I first got it) :D

Hoping to upgrade to an i7 just can't make my final decision on a video card.

nice! I would either get a nvidia gtx 285 or a 4870 series card , how much is your budget? I think i have a 9700 also haha

nice! I would either get a nvidia gtx 285 or a 4870 series card , how much is your budget? I think i have a 9700 also haha

haha funny you say that.
The long wait is over - I just sold my soul to newegg last night:

Intel i7 2.66Ghz
Asus P6T mobo
BFG GTX285
OCZ 6GB triple channel ddr3 1600
WD 150GB Raptor
Seasonic 700W PSU

Hopefully get a 2209WA lcd and maybe sli once I settle with this setup.

Happy gaming! (I hope).

haha funny you say that.
The long wait is over - I just sold my soul to newegg last night:

Intel i7 2.66Ghz
Asus P6T mobo
BFG GTX285
OCZ 6GB triple channel ddr3 1600
WD 150GB Raptor
Seasonic 700W PSU

Hopefully get a 2209WA lcd and maybe sli once I settle with this setup.

Happy gaming! (I hope).

awesome! :). That will be a pretty sweet gaming system!!!

i think i might have posted here already? but count me in if not
i have a Radeon HD 3850....
thats an agp

Up until very recently I had been using a Leadtek Nvidia 7600 GT - truly excellent product, as was my previous Leadtek 6600GT.

Running an x800 AIW in my second computer, Can play TF2 with it, but thats about it.

I just took apart my AGP rig. Loved it for a long time though.

My ATi Radeon x850 Pro is now for sale, asking $30 bucks for it. PM me if you're interested.

I am going back to AGP because of the great deal I got from somewhere......Ati X850XT PE and Nvidia 6800 GT for $40++

still on my agp x1950xt, though im starting to look at building a new system.

anyone have a ballpark idea of what this thing may be worth? i remember seeing them go for quite a bit some time ago, but i havnt seen one on ebay in a long time.

still on my agp x1950xt, though im starting to look at building a new system.

anyone have a ballpark idea of what this thing may be worth? i remember seeing them go for quite a bit some time ago, but i havnt seen one on ebay in a long time.

I have seen them anywhere fron $50-70.

I am going back to AGP because of the great deal I got from somewhere......Ati X850XT PE and Nvidia 6800 GT for $40++

from 2x 4850?? I think if I were you I would just build a separate agp budget gaming system!! That 2x 4850 would pwn the Ati x850XT and the 6800!

I finally upgraded to an i7 rig but I keep the P4 updated for the wife and family.
There's a Sapphire HD3850 512mb agp card in it that currently has the 9.1 drivers installed.
The wife hasn't asked for new drivers:rolleyes:. Probably because the Rachel Ray site works just fine as it is.

My son has his eyes on the P4 and has already grabbed the Leadtech 7600GT.

Still keeping the agp faith,
Bloefield

Nice! Another 6800gt :)

Heh, Heh... wife's rig is a running BFG 6800GT OC.
Just installed that a couple months ago when I sold the ATI FireGL-X2 that was in there.

Both her and my daughter are headed toward PCI-e with the upgrades I have planned for them. Sad, 'cause I'm not sure what to do with the AGP cards I'll have lying around afterward (6800GT-OC, 7800GS, X1950XT).

Heh, Heh... wife's rig is a running BFG 6800GT OC.
Just installed that a couple months ago when I sold the ATI FireGL-X2 that was in there.

Both her and my daughter are headed toward PCI-e with the upgrades I have planned for them. Sad, 'cause I'm not sure what to do with the AGP cards I'll have lying around afterward (6800GT-OC, 7800GS, X1950XT).

Welcome back :) I remember you, you almost bought one of my ati firegl x3 didn't ya? :)

Can the 6800GT do x264 hardware decoding? I thought it was only supported on the 8xxx series and up.

not sure maybe it depends on the programs?? anyways we are on the 44th page now!!!! :D thanks to everyone who posted!!!

i'm still using my AGP Nvidia 7800GS guys! :eek:

this is the year of the full upgrade (Core i7, 12GB of RAM, PCIe!) :cool:

...hopefully...

damn economy :mad:

not sure maybe it depends on the programs?? anyways we are on the 44th page now!!!! :D thanks to everyone who posted!!!

It really depends on the codecs as to whether it can do x264. I don't know if the 6800 has HW accel for .264 or not. You can probably find that info on nvidia's website. But I can say for sure that mine can play them with no problems. Some codecs are better and more efficient than others, so a little experimentation will help.

I'm still using a Leadtek ti4600 VIVO and an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro in a couple other machines of mine.
ti4600 in a P4c 3Ghz with 1gb of ram running ubuntu 8.10
9600 pro with my S939 A64 3000+ @ 2.7ghz, 2gb of pc3200 and Win XP Pro SP3/windows 7 x64

i'm still using my AGP Nvidia 7800GS guys! :eek:

this is the year of the full upgrade (Core i7, 12GB of RAM, PCIe!) :cool:

...hopefully...

damn economy :mad:

wow very nice!! Yes stupid economy :( good luck on that upgrade though :D

oh and to the top

to the top! Hmm I don't see much new released agp cards recently :confused:. So maybe agp is finally starting to die!

whats the best AGP card these days or a decent one? I need to upgrade my 9800pro so i don't have HD stuttering... I don't game anymore...

whats the best AGP card these days or a decent one? I need to upgrade my 9800pro so i don't have HD stuttering... I don't game anymore...

if you're having hd playback issues with an agp slot, it's most likely your cpu and not your video card. to my knowledge there is no agp card that offloads hd decoding.

you serious? :( i'm running some 2 x prestonia xeons @3.0ghz

yeah my system is old... built it in 2005 but my 2 cpus should be able to handle HD eh?

all the better if i don't have to buy something and can find a way to fix this.

I stutter watching those IMAX DVDs and youtube HD. If i switch my resolution though from 1600 x1200 on one of my screens down, the HD video doesn't stutter on youtube anymore.

Last edited:
what os? i think there are agp versions of the 3850 floating around that might do hd offloading, but i am not entirely sure. but that's like a $120 card or something like that. kind of ridiculous if you ask me lol.

two 3ghz cpus should be able to run any HD video fine, h.264 or otherwise. you might want to give coreavc a go, it costs $15 but you get lifetime updates, and it's the fastest software h.264/avc decoder out there.

http://www.coreavc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back