AGP club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor step brother sports a X800Pro. Although he is getting to the point where he cant play the same games we do anymore (Crysis/Farcry2, ect). He was running CS:S though at a lan just fine.

I also has a very small mini ATX SiS based P4 system that sports SiS AGP onboard! It's also sporting a old Northwood 1.8A :) (1st 1Ghz overclock I ever had came from a 1.6A that did 2.7 on air!)

I think I am going to upgrade one last time. I have two dual Xeon AGP rigs(ASUS PC-DL and PCH-DL). The PC-DL currently has an FX5700 in it, so the upgrade to a 3850 should be substantial. I am going to leave the PCH-DL alone. It is doing fine with a 7800GS.

nice to see a few more members with agp :) oh and we hit 39 pages!!! almost 40 :eek: congrats to everyone who posted :D sucks(if im right) that nvidia doesn't make any 8800 agp cards :rolleyes:

thread bump :) anymore [H] members with agp cards that haven't seen this thread yet? and i wonder when will graphics card company will stop making agp cards any guess? :)

i just grazed thru this like a week or so ago and im pretty sure that since no more motherboard vendors are producing any with agp slots that means videocard manufactures wont make agp videocards

I have 2 computers with 775 sockets and AGP slots. the CPU in them are 805D's, I'm thinking of putting a HD 4670 (once they come out) or a HD 3850. I'm also thinking of upgrading the CPU's to E4300's that are pin modded. But, when I total up the cost... I wonder if I should just spend the money elsewhere... I do have a 7800 GS AGP I could put in one of the systems.

.......Curtis

Add me to the list! LOL :) This is amusing.

THIS IS MY MAIN SYSTEM:
ASROCK DualSATA939 w/ the add in card that gives me an AM2 socket of which I have it populated with a Athlon64 4800 (Brisbane I believe). And for graphics an XFX 6600GT AGP card that's currently GTA San Andreas just fine :) Needless to say I stay about 2 generations behind on gaming hardware and software. :)

Officially out of commission:

IMG00109.jpg

Cameraphone pics are fail. That's an artifacting naked 6800GS. Don't suppose I can sell that on here, do you? =P

wow welcome :) nice to see more people but won't be putting them to the list too much people hah.. and Sli guy, LOL artifacting card hehe you could probably sell that $10tops with shipping ;)

bump :D im wondering if anybody here has a agp card thats voltmodded/ overclocked/ bios overclocked? :)

thats it:confused: :eek: there got to be more agp members in here!! Anyone know if any places still sell agp motherboards?

BBA X800Pro with VF 700-Cu flashed to a custom X800XT bios @ 16/6 & 540/540 :)

Works fine in my demoted to backup rig. It's only seen action 3 times this last year though as it only gets dusted off for people that don't have a PC to lan with the rest of us. Even though I am replacing it with a 939 Sli system I'll prob keep it arround as a just in case PC or give it to someone for Xmas :) Either way it will see action for a while yet.

I bet any gaming AGP card will see more useage even today than any Pci-E card as Pci-E cards spend so much time getting recirculated and collecting dust while waiting to be sold because of constant upgrades vs AGP cards which don't see the upgrade madness seen today on Pci-E..

. . .

I used an ATi HD 3850 reference BIOS which I custom modified for my HIS Radeon HD 3850 AGP, and that allowed me to enable Powerplay, overclocked it, lowered power consumption and ran cooler. I really miss that rig.

Oh boy, AGP cards eh? Where to start.
Ati 3850, Nvidia 5200, 6200, 7900gs. Ti 4200 still kickin 2d ass around here.

I still have TNT cards around as backups, god forbid.....

I used an ATi HD 3850 reference BIOS which I custom modified for my HIS Radeon HD 3850 AGP, and that allowed me to enable Powerplay, overclocked it, lowered power consumption and ran cooler. I really miss that rig.

I bet you do, but I also bet that 4870 eases your pain ;)

good to see more members having agp cards :) where do you find all those bios hacks? Can't find them anywhere heh...

I posted a thread about this but thought I would ask in here too:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1370668

Basically I *need* to know if the HD3850 (powercolor) works with the latest catalyst drivers in xp x64. I am very close to buying this as a last upgrade to my system.

It is very capable still. Opteron 170@ 2.5ghz, 2gb Crucial RAM (4gb makes the motherboard unstable with the overclock, even if I put the memory on 2T 133mhz, but I will eventually fix it, I need 4gb of RAM). I also have 2TB in a raid5 with a highpoint rocketraid 1740, and a fast 160gb OS/programs drive. To offset some of the trouble with only 2gb RAM, I use a fast (corsair) USB memory stick for caching. It helps, but I digress, the real issue is the card. If the HD 3850 or 3650 work I will buy one the second it is confirmed, if not, I am going to grab an x1950 pro used. Right now I have a g71 7800GS with a volt mod and a HUGE overclock, which allows me to play most modern games
@ 1028X768, and sometimes higher. I have a very well taken care of and tuned 21" CRT, so resolution changes aren't so much of a big deal for me, but the 7800gs is beginning to truly show age, especially in Age of Conan.

Anyway, I want to buy HD3850, but only if it has native ATI support now. I have a hard time finding out if it has this yet or if you have to rely on the manufacturer to mod drivers, meaning xp x64 gets the shaft. I would like to get this last upgrade before I build a new PC. I figure, if the 3850 is working with the native catalyst drivers, my machine should last quite a bit longer, especially if I lower the opteron overclock and get 4gb of ram working again. I increased the OC to help out due to the video card's limitations, and it does help, but I can only get 2gb of RAM working without error.

I would just love to pop in that 3850 and give the last breath to this workhorse. The 7800GS has been truly a stable and trusted card, even with the massive overclock and Vmod. I forget my best 3dmark score, but I remember that it was higher than many systems with pci e and a 7800gt. The massive OC on the video card makes up for at least 4 of the cut pipelines, still, the agp 3850 would easily best it in anything if it is working as it should, and I could lower the opteron OC as well allowing that 4gb of ram stable.

Im pretty sure it uses the exact same drivers as the PCI-e version or i wold imagine it would be seperate in the driver section.

Sorry guys but after this week I will no longer be a member of the AGP club. Cant say I will miss my x800 GTO. But I will miss you all. Hello GTX280 :D.

I use an AGP Geforce 4 Ti4400 in my IRC / Bittorrent Seeding / BS computer, which gets a lot more use than my main rig (see sig) which I use primarily for gaming/movie watching.

I'm typing this from my AGP rig.

i found a trashed computer behind a rival computer shop about a week ago, only salvageable thing was the Inno3d Tornado G-Force 4 MX440 agp card! works a charm :)

I had that exact card as my very first gaming card back in the day, traded 2 16mb vid cards and a 32mb for it, then spent $15 for a replacement fan since its was dead lol.

Was when i started playing GTA: VC at high FPS! card suffered an early death from a hairline fracture on the pcb :(

This one will be used till it dies!

i found a trashed computer behind a rival computer shop about a week ago, only salvageable thing was the Inno3d Tornado G-Force 4 MX440 agp card! works a charm :)

I had that exact card as my very first gaming card back in the day, traded 2 16mb vid cards and a 32mb for it, then spent $15 for a replacement fan since its was dead lol.

Was when i started playing GTA: VC at high FPS! card suffered an early death from a hairline fracture on the pcb :(

This one will be used till it dies!

wow very nice find!! I forgot what card i had a 32mb pci gpu as my first hehehe

We reached 40pages!! yay!!

Just got an HD 3850 AGP for $60 shipped so it looks like my AXP backup rig may be getting a lil more AGP lovin to prolong its life.

Still got my Bios modded X800Pro AGP card as well although it has no home now with the HD 3850 :(

Just got an HD 3850 AGP for $60 shipped so it looks like my AXP backup rig may be getting a lil more AGP lovin to prolong its life.

Still got my Bios modded X800Pro AGP card as well although it has no home now with the HD 3850 :(

very nice!! So was that a black friday deal?

X1600PRO 512mb on the old gaming rig.

Running with a Sempron 64 2800+ and 1gb DDR.

Pulls CoD4 like a champ at 1440x900 :D

Also have a 9600PRO 256mb, two FX5200 128mb, and a GeForce2 32mb....

Plus the half-height 9200SE that I have evil plans for...

Im still rockin the ATI Radeon x800 XT AIW. Just put a new cooler on it yesterday and its still goin strong!

I still got an GF4 Ti4200 going strong in my linux box at work. Also have an X800XT which will soon be relocated to my HTPC. Still a decent card in this day and age.

I still got an GF4 Ti4200 going strong in my linux box at work. Also have an X800XT which will soon be relocated to my HTPC. Still a decent card in this day and age.

yay more new members.... crap that is a old card!!!!

i traded in my bfg 7800 gs oc for a new 9800gt oc.....couldnt help it, its goin to give dads rig a hell of a upgrade

still rocking a x800pro 9600pro ti4200 ti4600 :)

I just grabbed an old Athlon XP machine from my parents that they were going to throw out. Looks like I'll be rocking an old Ti4200 also :).

Yeah where was this from. That's a super price

You can add me to the list. I've got Saphire's HD 3850 in a couple of my older PC's (Athlon XP 3200+ & Athlon64 3700+). Excellent card for systems using AGP.

totally forgot to mention

my precious my precious preeeecious!

7950gt agp OC edition 512mb memory at 1.4ghz some xfx one. they make a few, but theres 1 edition that has memory at 1.4ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back