AGP club

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no no, i didnt get it, someone else did. i do get that i made a mistake in writing it like that, lol. ok but i might pick one up, either go with a x1950xt or a x1900gtpci-e with a f-i90hd mobo and a gig of ddr2 ram, which one should i go for?

Depends.. But if you're playing BF2, I'd say the most noticable upgrade is getting another stick of DDR ram and or getting ram to total up to 2GB as BF2 is a completely different (better) experience with 2GB of ram opposed to 1GB (and thats with a 9800pro).

With 2GB of ram, I can turn up the texture settings to a lot higher, improving picture quality, but with 1GB, I had to turn them down due to a lack of ram.

Hmm... I noticed a big jump going from 512 to 1 GB in BF2, and I also have a 9800 Pro. The game was actually playable, now I'm curious about 2 GB, but won't happen anytime soon until I get a whole new rig.

And put me in the club too!

I have an original ATI 9700 Pro, ATI 9500 Pro
on th Nvidia front a XFX 6600GT and a leadtek 7800 GS

Depends.. But if you're playing BF2, I'd say the most noticable upgrade is getting another stick of DDR ram and or getting ram to total up to 2GB as BF2 is a completely different (better) experience with 2GB of ram opposed to 1GB (and thats with a 9800pro).

With 2GB of ram, I can turn up the texture settings to a lot higher, improving picture quality, but with 1GB, I had to turn them down due to a lack of ram.

i didnt mean get another gig of ram, i ment upgrade to a new vid card, mobo, and ddr2 ram. i only have ddr ram right now, so only one gig of ram

These are all the members of [H] that has agp cards?:eek: Theres got to be more [H] members with agp cards.

There are probably more guests on these boards than members anyway. :p

Plus, AGP isn't as popular anymore, and so many people jumped the AGP ship when PCI-E came out. You know, the people who have to have the latest hardware as soon as it appears.

Or...some are embarrassed. :D

AGP Anonymous? (not that it's actually anonymous)

These are all the members of [H] that has agp cards?:eek: Theres got to be more [H] members with agp cards.

Pretty sure more than half the world has agp still ;) i do and i know tons of other people that run agp systems. Only know 1 person that runs pci express.

AIW X800XT here, my fiancee has a 9800Pro, but cards running great, will replace on next rig upgrade for their equivalent pci-e cards :D

I have a 6800GT and a x850pro, both are AGP. I also just bought another AGP motherboard, a MSI K8T Neo2, since I have a 3200+ sitting around that needs a to be used and I didn't feel like going PCI-E just yet.

I'm in the club with an ATI all-in-wonder 9600.

Still a great card for running dual VGA displays, but it's been nearly four years since I built this system and I've been reading quite a bit about PCI-E and might have to jump ship from ATI to nVidia.

Is it just me or does it seem like the X1950 AGP series are poorly made? I have seen alot of people having problems with them.

Not sure about the 1950Pros. I loved the x1950XT, but had overheating problems when pushing it hard. I took it as a single instance of a poorly applied heatsink or tec problems, and not indicative of all the x1950XTs.

Not sure about the 1950Pros. I loved the x1950XT, but had overheating problems when pushing it hard. I took it as a single instance of a poorly applied heatsink or tec problems, and not indicative of all the x1950XTs.

I sure hope your right because i am looking at buying the XT next week. ill keep my fingers crossed.

Rocking with the LeadTek 6800GT here.

Probably be a year or so before I get a new rig with PCI-E.

I have an X800 XL-PRO 8X AGP from GeCube. May I join?

Anybody can, as long as you have a agp card.

Anyways... put that your in the agp club in your sig! If you do not know how... User CP>Edit Signature!

x800pro currently.

my 1950xt is also on RMA. another case of over heating. was damaged in shipping and over heated in under 2 mins.

6800GT

I was planning to get a new machine this month but the lackluster performance of the 8600GTX has disappointed me so much that I think I will hold out until at least ATI releases their DX10 cards.

Running a Sapphire X1950Pro 512mb AGP

It replaced my X800XTPE which is still sitting on my dresser.
Also selling the PE for $150 CDN is anyone is interested.

Running a Sapphire X1950Pro 512mb AGP

It replaced my X800XTPE which is still sitting on my dresser.
Also selling the PE for $150 CDN is anyone is interested.

$150?! with the rebates and such you can get a brand new 7800GS for that price.

Sweet got lots of new members, for those of you who signed up.... Thanks! :D

Really? I don't even see anywhere still selling 7800GS, Care to show me a place in CANADA that is selling a AGP 7800GS for $150 brand new.

O and my X800XTPE is also with a ati silencer installed! And retail box with all cd's and games it came with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back