AGP club

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. For average Joe there's usually no need for 4 PCI slots. However, taking me for example: in my 4 PCI slots I have an X-Fi sound card (no USB device comes anywhere near the quality/power), two raid controllers that I use for raid 3 and raid 5 (mobo doesn't support raid 3 and its raid 5 features are not sufficient enough for my needs) as well as a wi-fi card (yes there are USB alternatives but nothing with the same processing power).

What I'm trying to get at is that for some people 4+ PCI slots are needed as USB devices do not have the processing power to replace some hi-end PCI devices.

You have not one but two raid cards on a bandwidth limited PCI bus?

You have not one but two raid cards on a bandwidth limited PCI bus?
Actually one of the cards (Areca ARC 1120) is pci-x. The other which is PCI only has 3 disks on it for a bare minimum raid 5, so far I haven't got any bottlenecks.

Remember to put that your in the AGP club in your sig! If you don't know how, go to User CP then edit signature.

GeCube Product manager Jeff Fu said the firm "will not abandon AGP users".

So for those users that want a AGP perfromance part this company will offer DirectX 10 boards based on RV610 and RV630. In fact, there will even be an overclocked version of the RV630XT, which could even end up cooled by a combined heat-pipe peltier cooler.

Oh yes! screw all you people that say AGP is dead. Apparently were still chugging along.

I'm using my X850XT=PE while I wait for my POS X1950 Pro 512Mb to come back from RMA......

AGP all the way baby :)

GeCube Product manager Jeff Fu said the firm "will not abandon AGP users".

I'm not doubting your quote, but do you have some sort of link or reference that might validate it a bit? That would be nice to have....

Not currently in use?

Then I guess I'm in too. I've gota a Visiontek GF3Ti and an ASUS GF4Ti sitting in the closet.

i have
(taking deep breath>>)

STB riva 128 (nv 3)
creative lab tnt1 16mb (nv4)
creative lab tnt2ultra 32mb (nv5)
Asus v6800 geforce256 DDR 32mb (nv10)
hercules geforce2 ultra 64 (nv15)
quadro2pro 64mb (nv15GL)
Asus geforce3 64mb (nv 20)
quadro 4 XGL 900 128mb (NV25) same as the geforce4ti4600 in spec

ati
8500LE 128mb (R200)
9700 pro 128mb (R300)

all in AGP
and all of them works in my 440BX chipset. P3B-F
i think i am good enough to be a member !!!!

What processor+Board+ram combo do you have?

I will join, still running a box with:

Hercules 3D Prophet GeForce 3 Ti 500 :eek:

My GeForce FX 5500 256MB AGP card blew up this week. I'm using my old GeForce 2 MX 64MB as back up for now.

I just purchased a new 19" HD WS LCD and need to purchase a new AGP card that can handle 1440x900 resolution.

I have been looking at the 7600 GS / 7600 GT / 7800 GS and would welcome any comments.

TIA

9600xt

I'd like to be Assistant Regional Manager, but I'll settle for Assistant to the Regional Manager.

I'm rocking a Shuttle with a 7800GS. I hope to O/c my A64 Mobile to extreme levels and run this system into the ground, or until I can afford a dual card dx10 setup and whatever multi-cored monstrosity exists at the time.

Going to try to wait until at least 3rd gen DX10. I'm thinking by then we'll either have computers that require a dedicated 220v line to run, or the manufs. will head back towards efficiency.

Either way, I'm in the AGP club for a while.

BFG 7800GS

I would like to apply for the office of the clubs "worthy grumpy old fart" office if it hasn't been filled

Nice to see you all join.. as far as your requests for Official Positions on the soon to be founded Official AGP Club Board of Directors:p .. well... bad news. According to the President and Founder of the Club, there will be no more Board members... However, he may change his mind, um.. I don't really know... you need to ask him, but I feel that it is my responsibility as the current Ambassador of Good Will to reference post #20..

Of course, I suppose we do need "regional managers" of a sort.. maybe DAAMIT regional manager and NVIDIA regional manager.. or something along those lines:D

So.. what's the ruling going to be, Mr. President??

EDIT!!! So, just exactly how old are you, Mr. .308 bthp?? I thought I was the old man around here???

Nice to see you all join.. as far as your requests for Official Positions on the soon to be founded Official AGP Club Board of Directors:p .. well... bad news. According to the President and Founder of the Club, there will be no more Board members... However, he may change his mind, um.. I don't really know... you need to ask him, but I feel that it is my responsibility as the current Ambassador of Good Will to reference post #20..

Of course, I suppose we do need "regional managers" of a sort.. maybe DAAMIT regional manager and NVIDIA regional manager.. or something along those lines:D

So.. what's the ruling going to be, Mr. President??

EDIT!!! So, just exactly how old are you, Mr. .308 bthp?? I thought I was the old man around here???

Well If I gave a position to whoever and don't set a limit, then the people with the special positions won't be that great(if you understand what I mean.) So im not going to give anybody else a position that they won't. But I may give someone a position who constantly reads the forums and ask them to help me gather all the new people who joins the club and email them to me so I can add them to the list. Since If im not reading the [H] for 3hours then all of a sudden there are lots of people that join, I didn't expect that much.. people. Hmm maybe I should make the vice president help me out on that :)

So which one is the fastest AGP card? IS it the 1950xt? Or the 7800gs?

just curious

I'm still using my Xeon system and I love it, it's not slow at all. I build new systems daily and I definitely couldn't handle coming back to a slow system at night, but with 4 virtual processors and a 15K scsi drive this box flies and never gets slow. The system is going strong working on it's 4th year of service :)

I thought about getting a 1950Pro, but at this point I think I'll just stick with my X800XTPE which is plenty fast or wait to see if a DX10 AGP card ever comes out.

BFG 7800gs, g70, volt modded to 1.55v, wire link fix, overclocked to 500/1500.

Asus A8V Deluxe with Opteron170, 2.5ghz.

Proud to be a member.

So would a 1950pro be a worthwhile upgrade from a 7800gs?

Maybe.. the 1950 has higher core clocks and slightly higher mem clocks.. and the max resolution is a little higher.. but all in all I think the card you have is a really good card.. so, money wise I personally wouldn't bother.. but that's just my opinion.

Overclocking that 7800gs really makes a wonderful difference, and if you have the g71 version, the volt mod is so easy and it can bring the card very close to the x1950pro (which doesn't overclock worth anything).

Check this thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=200420 There are people that can get 3Dmark06 over 5000 with the g71 version... that brings it very near the x1950pro.

I have an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro with 256MB DDR RAM in my P4 2.53 and an Nvidia Riva TNT2 w/32MB SDRAM in a Celeron 400 PC. Yeah, I've still got a Celeron 400, a P2 400 and 350 laying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back