AGP card for my friend's dying computer.

veritas7

Gawd
My friend complains that his video card is dying on him... and I've seen that he gets a scrambled screen when he tries to play a game or just having his computer on for a long time.

Honestly, I haven't had the time to exam the innard of his computer.

Assuming his video card is dead and his computer isn't completely neglected and full or dust or some fan has died, what cheap <$60 AGP card can I get for my friend that will run his Warcraft III, CS:S at ... I think he has a 24" (maybe 22 so 1680x1050)... so 1920x1200 on the lowest settings?

Or heck, just an AGP card that will let his computer run until he gets a new one (albeit he expressed it will probably a while).

Thanks. Usually I'd research myself but reviews nowadays on the common shopping sites are completely unreliable for older tech (i.e. newegg reviews). I trust [H] :p

You should put an ad in the FSFT section, as I'm not sure you'll get alot of replies here.

I got a BFG 7800gs OC if he's interested. The best AGP nvidia card. It's brand new... my 6800gt died on me and BFG sent the 7800 as a replacement, but I had already upgraded my computer. PM me if interested.

Back