Agony System Requirements Announced

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
The first-person survival horror game set in hell, Agony releases on March 30th, and developer Madmind Studio has announced the system requirements.

Minimum specs needed (low settings, 30FPS)

Processor: Intel Core i3 @ 3,20GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 955- 4core @ 3,2 GHz or faster
RAM: 8 gigabyte (GB)
Hard disk space: 17 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB / Radeon R9 280
DirectX: 11 System:
Windows: 7/8/10 64-bit

Recommended (ultra settings, 60FPS)

Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 / AMD Ryzen 5 1600 or faster
RAM: 16 gigabyte (GB)
Hard disk space: 17 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / Radeon RX 580
DirectX: 11 System:
Windows: 7/8/10 64-bit

This game looks absolutely brutal. I was going to put a video of a trailer or some gameplay, but I honestly could not find one that was remotely safe for work. I asked the developer at what resolution are the specs they are requiring, and at the time of writing I have not gotten an answer.

Agony is a first-person, survival horror set in hell. You will begin your journey as a tormented soul within the depths of hell without any memories about your past. The special ability to control people on your path, and possess demons, gives you the measures to survive.

Guessing it's 1080p for the resolutions. I still find it hilarious that they provide settings for specific fps, so I guess they played through every possible scenario in the game and found the minimum hardware required to keep it above 60fps in the most intense situation? Or is it 60fps average?

Guessing it's 1080p for the resolutions. I still find it hilarious that they provide settings for specific fps, so I guess they played through every possible scenario in the game and found the minimum hardware required to keep it above 60fps in the most intense situation? Or is it 60fps average?

As far as the maximum specs are concerned, the dev commented in an interview recently that he playtests the game on his personal rig nearly every night. With his i7-6700, 16 GB RAM, and a 1060, he said he gets a solid 60 fps at 4k resolution on all ultra settings. That's probably where they pulled the recommended specs from.

EDIT: Source:
https://wccftech.com/agony-interview-game-length-inspiration/ (Might be considered NSFW images by some)

What kind of PC will be needed to play the game at 4K resolution and 60FPS with max settings?

I’m testing the game night after night on my pc, and it works flawlessly with 4K/60fps. If you have a machine with similar power, you should be able to play with everything set to “Ultra”(Maximum).

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
i7-6700 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM

Last edited:
As far as the maximum specs are concerned, the dev commented in an interview recently that he playtests the game on his personal rig nearly every night. With his i7-6700, 16 GB RAM, and a 1060, he said he gets a solid 60 fps at 4k resolution on all ultra settings. That's probably where they pulled the recommended specs from.

https://wccftech.com/agony-interview-game-length-inspiration/ (Might be considered NSFW images by some)

What kind of PC will be needed to play the game at 4K resolution and 60FPS with max settings?

I’m testing the game night after night on my pc, and it works flawlessly with 4K/60fps. If you have a machine with similar power, you should be able to play with everything set to “Ultra”(Maximum).

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
i7-6700 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM
So it will not be that great looking far as quality?
I figured max settings you would need a 1080/1080ti for 60fps for awesome quality.

WARNING NSFW

Unreal engine so not tough to run. Looks like a unique experience.

So it will not be that great looking far as quality?
I figured max settings you would need a 1080/1080ti for 60fps for awesome quality.
Maybe it's just well optimized? Maybe it means I'll be able to max it out @ 165fps / 1440p with my 1080 Ti?

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
i7-6700 3.40 GHz
16 GB RAM
I find that really hard to believe as there are games that look worse that come nowhere near getting 60 frames per second on Max settings at 4K with a 1060. 1060 is borderline keeping 60 frames per second at 1080p in some demanding games and hardly any games at 1440p so I can't imagine it getting that performance at 4k resolution in this game.

I find that really hard to believe as there are games that look worse that come nowhere near getting 60 frames per second on Max settings at 4K with a 1060. 1060 is borderline keeping 60 frames per second at 1080p in some demanding games and hardly any games at 1440p so I can't imagine it getting that performance at 4k resolution in this game.

Sadly, I must agree with your assessment. Sadly because my 960 will probably need to be dropped to 900P (or even 720P) to maintain 60 FPS... :oops:

I'm just telling you what the dev said. Lol. It's the only information we have at this point.

I'm just telling you what the dev said. Lol. It's the only information we have at this point.
Yes I know you were just passing on the information that the dev himself said. I'm just saying I don't believe what he is saying is going to be correct. In fact I'll bet money that this game will not maintain 60fps even at 1440p with a 1060 on all settings maxed never mind the 4K he is claiming.

This game looks alright.

I am personally more interested in Scorn.

Have to pass . . . likely give me nightmares. Had flashbacks to the first Prey that I probably should have stayed away from at the time.
That horror/gore stuff just doesn't sit well.

Have to pass . . . likely give me nightmares. Had flashbacks to the first Prey that I probably should have stayed away from at the time.
That horror/gore stuff just doesn't sit well.

Same, I have enough to worry about (besides Hunt Showdown is bad enough!) rather than sending my avatar through “Hell”. I suppose this is unique, but how many folks will really play this? I don’t think I want to meet the Dev haha.

Seems like a really cool idea at the very least. I'll probably watch the reviews and grab this if they aren't too bad.

Back