Agility 3 120gb seems slow?

apopleptic

Limp Gawd
I've been running this drive for a while now and it seems like either it's getting slower, or something changed that caused it to get slower.
running it connected to onboard sata3 ports on a p8z77v-pro

1r8qkH0.jpg
4OOvGHp.jpg

Any feedback on testing or things I should look at?
Thanks.

How about CDM and AS-SSD?

And it is expected that Sandforce drives get slower as they fill especially if most of your data does not compress well like video, game images, audio...

I've been running this drive for a while now and it seems like either it's getting slower, or something changed that caused it to get slower.
Unless you have tests from when it was fast it seems like any guessing we would do would be a shot in the dark. :)

x2FQodp.jpg
cssxZ0z.jpg

Here's CDM and AS-SSD.
Just seems like these numbers are much lower than they should be, even if it isn't suddenly slower.

Are you on the Intel port? Did you install Intel RST?

Seems like I have it connected to one of the ASMedia ports. ASM1061
Intel RST is not installed.

Last edited:
CU3lxH2.jpg
rwRZKIA.jpg

JWXWEJU.jpg
1BqAjG3.jpg

Here are the results when I connected the drive to the Intel controller and installed Intel RST.
Most things got better, but somethings got worse. Anyone else have suggestions to increase performance?

Just did these benchmarks on my own OCZ Agility 3 240GB. Never did a single benchmark until now, but here are some comparisons to help you out. I also tried not fill more than 50% of my available space. I use this SSD for games only and madvr logs.

9288018047_fec60dbbc8.jpg

9288018101_d1c9890163.jpg

9288018157_16d4f9e077.jpg

9290797340_d2c7a365cf.jpg

thanks for posting your benchmarks. I can't help but notice some huge differences in the results of some of those tests. I use mine as my OS drive running win7 64bit. Maybe it's time for a format and a reinstall.
What controller do you have your drive on?

Intel controller, but my RAID Intel 520s have taken the SATA6 ports. So the OCZ is on a SATA3

thanks for posting your benchmarks. I can't help but notice some huge differences in the results of some of those tests. I use mine as my OS drive running win7 64bit. Maybe it's time for a format and a reinstall.
What controller do you have your drive on?

Is your 120GB drive close to full? I see from his HD Tune pro benchmark that filling a disk makes it cap reads at around 150MB/s instead of 350MB/s.

Last edited:
How about CDM and AS-SSD?

And it is expected that Sandforce drives get slower as they fill especially if most of your data does not compress well like video, game images, audio...

Even though most of the latest SSDs have better provision for OP, it is told that the SSDs must not be completely filled for best results. I have done real tests on this SSD and they are pretty good infact. I personally prefer performing real tests along with benchmark tests.

Lets see....you haven't told us what OS you're using....but RST is normally used for RAID arrays.

The increase you see is coming from connecting to the Intel ports. Never use those 3rd party, ASMedia Marvell, for SSDs.

Hopefully you installed your OS in AHCI mode, if not, now's the time.

Make sure you have the latest Intel drivers (RST may have an update function) or go to the Intel download center and get the Update Utility

Make sure you have the latest updates for your board.

Finally enable write caching and turn off Windows write-cache buffer flushing.

Take another ASSSD screenshot and post it. :)

Back