Agility 2 90GB $170 - $30MIR card Newegg

If its a visa card my bank has no problem cashing it for me at no charge as soon as I get it. I've done this for probably 8-10 cards now that were 'rebate' cards. You should check.

If I had the spare cash, this would be on it's way to my home right now. I've got about 10gb left on my 64SSD right now and I think this is a nice sweet spot for drive size.

Sandforce is better than Intel G2. Anand himself said recently (few weeks ago) that his favorite SSD controller is Sandforce.
Maybe the SF-1500 based drives, not these though. The SF-1200 performance sucks as of firmware 3.05 and they have a higher than normal failure rate. Stick with Intel if you want reliable drives or pony up the cash for an SF-1500-based drive.

Maybe the SF-1500 based drives, not these though. The SF-1200 performance sucks as of firmware 3.05 and they have a higher than normal failure rate. Stick with Intel if you want reliable drives or pony up the cash for an SF-1500-based drive.

Any link to support this? I'm actually using an SF-1500 drive, a 50GB Vertex LE. I was considering upgrading to an Agility 2 for capacity.

Semi-glad I missed this. Seems like everyone is cleaning house in preperation of the Gen3s coming soon. Perhaps I'll pick up one of those instead.

Back