Agh, my Z-5500s fried

Frangible

Limp Gawd
I was plugging in a new RCA cable to my Z-5500s... I guess the cable was defective and had a short in it or something, because I heard some horrid random noise from the speakers, then smelled something burning and the entire unit powered down. I waited and unplugged/replugged it.

The analog inputs still work fine, which is what I primarily use, but now the optical and digital coax inputs are dead. The head unit still selects them but doesn't read any input from them.

Are there any internal fuses in this thing, or did some resistors or something get cooked?

there's a fuse on the amp which is on the back of the subwoofer. though I'm not sure if that's what got blown if you smelled stuff from the coax/optical inputs and those are broke. you can always check it and put it back in.

iJeff said:
there's a fuse on the amp which is on the back of the subwoofer. though I'm not sure if that's what got blown if you smelled stuff from the coax/optical inputs and those are broke. you can always check it and put it back in.

Thanks, I'll check that out to make sure.

Back