AGEIA PhysX 128MB PCI-Express 1x Co-Processor only $8 + $6.45s/h @ ebay

Heh, tempting to buy as a curiosity to hold onto... I remember when these were brand spanking new in shiny retail boxes :p .

considering a 6600gt would do better physx processing than this.. no... it is not worth getting. Like op said get it for the lulz

Guys newer nVidia drivers don't recognize this thing, and back in the day IIRC people said it had performance similar to an FX 5600 or something in that range. Get a GT 240 if you really need PhysX and can't afford to spend money for a good card, this is a wall decoration only.

EDIT and the performance is so low that initally, all of them used PCI.

Lol, I remember when I seen ageia first at work at a LAN tourney..... Gfx were slow but so "phenomenal"! They were raffling it off though.

EDIT and the performance is so low that initally, all of them used PCI.

well the PCIe x1 is probably just adapted from PCI with a little chip

these aren't even usable anymore with anything but windows XP and only with modding the physx software.

Not worth it.

have play with the drivers to get it working.

Slower then a gt640 which goes for $50 refurbed. Will slow down a modern gpu.

I think the big game for physx at the time this card came out was Ghost Recon Advanced War fighter. Not a good game... fun for a little while maybe. What first person shooter has no jump? Since 1980, there's been a "jump" ffs.

I think the big game for physx at the time this card came out was Ghost Recon Advanced War fighter. Not a good game... fun for a little while maybe. What first person shooter has no jump? Since 1980, there's been a "jump" ffs.

You must have not played many games in the Tom Clancy series. None of them had a jump except maybe Raven Shield thought I probably didn't I just never played one that much.

You must have not played many games in the Tom Clancy series. None of them had a jump except maybe Raven Shield thought I probably didn't I just never played one that much.

You're right... that was only one. I stayed away from anything Tom Clancy. Games to sell books... books to sell games. Movies to sell books and games. Not interested.

Raven shield is my favorite rainbow six game. I remember playing it hours on end with my friends.

Wolfenstein 3D, the grandfather of the modern FPS, did not have jump. Nor did DOOM. GoldenEye, the first really successful console FPS, also did not have jump. So while jumping has been in most FPS games released in the last 15 or so years, it wasn't always there.

SpecOps is a fairly recent one without jump. sure you "vault" over things but theres no jump.

You're right... that was only one. I stayed away from anything Tom Clancy. Games to sell books... books to sell games. Movies to sell books and games. Not interested.

This is all very very wrong. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are FPS games without a jump. Do you research before you give history lessons.

This is all very very wrong. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark are FPS games without a jump. Do you research before you give history lessons.

I have a feeling spacin9 is a CS "bunny hopper" :p

Back