Age of Empires III Complete Collection $0.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first thing you need to do with this game is enable V-Sync. The thing runs at 500 FPS on my system and puts it under extreme load for no good reason. Dead Space does the same thing.

Very pretty, by the way.

Is this just for the "War Chiefs"expansion pack ? I thought this was the complete collection but I only have the option of playing the War Chiefs expansion. :( OOPS nevermind...I see the other 2 AofE games listed in Games for Windows. DUH!

Is there any way for me to purchase two keys so I can give one to my gf? My guess is no because Microsoft is stupid. There's also no way for gf who has a US based hotmail account to buy and download the game while she is in Canada. Excellent.

--- >>> FYI

If you guys want to play this over LAN, there are lag problems with 6+ players] even with wired Gigabit.
In order to help fix it, create a user.cfg file in your age3\startup folder.
or documents\my Games\\Age3\startup

In this file, type:
maxparticles=100

or something small. I think the default is 1000.

Also, if you want to be able to zoom out farther, edit the following files:
game.cfg
gamex.cfg
gamey.cfg

and change the Maxzoom parameter. you can also decrease the Fog of War
with the "wmCloudFreq"
and "wmCloudPersistence" parameters.

You MUST have all the game.cfg and user.cfg files the same on different computers for the game to work over LAN !

Look in the "more info" tab under games or w/e in the gwfl client. Should be listed in there

What "more info" tab are you talking about?

There is marketplace, downloads, settings on the menu. I've finished downloading and it's asking me for a key. There is no key anywhere.

On the downloads I click on "view game keys" and there's no key listed there. It says "game activation key" No key assigned.

You are in the right spot MrXROK, but MS ran out of keys. They will be sending out more keys over the week for those who purchased the game.

Edit: Scratch that... Apparently FF4 beta 7 has a refresh bug...

Still says 10¢ here...

Last edited:
i tried using my debit card it said not accepted then when i went to check it has 3 holds for a dollar each. that happen to anyone else?

i tried using my debit card it said not accepted then when i went to check it has 3 holds for a dollar each. that happen to anyone else?

they will release, those are pre auths to make sure the card you provided is legit. Every time you try again is another pre auth. The reason it failed is probably the charge is to small. I had 3 cards it wouldnt work on

Great game so far ... enjoying it and gives me a well needed TF2 break. Just bought a strategy guide offa Ebay for 120x what I paid for the game !! :)

For those that got in for 10 cents and couldn't get a key, they should be there now. Just finished installing mine.

For those that got in for 10 cents and couldn't get a key, they should be there now. Just finished installing mine.

yep, got one too. I don't know if I'll even get around to this one but picked it up since it was a game I skipped.

If anyone is having problems with windows XP I have XP64 and it let me install even though I didnt have dotnet 4 and dotnet 4.0 installed. The GFWL downloader had a memory leak that ran all my page file, physical memory, adn the program itself bloated to over 2GB memory use.

I installed 4 and 4.0 via windows update and it worked.

Hehe i would have done it if i hadn't already had them all...Still a great deal for those who never played it or wanted to relive the fun... :)

This deal was epic, totally worth the points. I lost my original box/cd/case... and I got some expansion packs to boot. Best deal ever.

Everytime I maximize my game after minizing my sound settings reset. Anyone know how to fix this? I cant seem to find anything on the interwebz

I just noticed those dirty rotten bastards charged my card 11¢! I am so pissed off right now...

I just noticed those dirty rotten bastards charged my card 11¢! I am so pissed off right now...

Tax...

And I almost didn't bite because of the DRM and crap, but then I realized that they're probably paying more than 10 cents on fees associated with my cashback card. Which I find horribly amusing :)

Tax...

And I almost didn't bite because of the DRM and crap, but then I realized that they're probably paying more than 10 cents on fees associated with my cashback card. Which I find horribly amusing :)

It's MS, so couldn't give a darn... but yeah, that crossed my mind immediately...

Reason they didn't just give it away is that some will still balk at a dime, and you still need a CC, so not everyone and anyone can just jump in...

Tax...

And I almost didn't bite because of the DRM and crap

What exactly do they use for DRM anyway? Is it in the retail version as well? The page was so vague, in general how does GFWM manage DRM and installs? Am I limited? Does it put crap on my machine that runs in the background? I installed the game the night it was .10 and honestly I am really enjoying the game a lot. I'm on Act II of The War Chiefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back