Age of Empires 3 Demo released

Not my kind of game, but I hear it looks good.. so Ill give it a try.

Why cant more dev/publishers do this? I clicked the link, then clicked one more time, and I started downloading. I dont have to go anywhere else to get the demo. Took all of 5 seconds to start downloading. Very nice suprise.

fallguy said:
Why cant more dev/publishers do this? I clicked the link, then clicked one more time, and I started downloading. I dont have to go anywhere else to get the demo. Took all of 5 seconds to start downloading. Very nice suprise.

QFT

Nice, I've been waiting for this game. Can't wait to give this sweet looking game a try.

Everyone is waking up to this. I hate it cause my new ULT pc won't be here till the weekend, and I gave away my 6800U cause I can't power it sufficiently anyway. So I will have to play on a 9700 pro. No SM 3.0.........oh well. w00t, the game is out. Yay. (Meh, the full game is still months/ a month away. I will get excited then}

What is QFT?

Gonna try it when I get off work :)

I have a AMD 2800+, Geforce4 4400Ti, 512mb DDR. Anyone have similar specs that tried this game out? Hope I don't need an upgrade to play :( I don't need all the eye-candy turned on either, just want smooth game play.

Hmmph, doesnt want to start for me. Says it may be a corrupt driver, D3D not installed right, hardware acceleration disabled, or the workstation locked.

Perhaps it dosnt like x64, which is what I am on.

already installed.

general graphics are nice. i would turn down the shader quality as it killed my 6600GT at 30fps and massive lags.

it was default at ultra high. i turned it down to high and it runs very smooth. everything else is on high, great performance.

OMG I didnt expect a DEMO so SOON!!! NICE :p

I am also @ 550kb a sec... almost exactly..and I have 4.5gb cable :) must've locked the upload speed at 550 :(

Hmmph, doesnt want to start for me. Says it may be a corrupt driver, D3D not installed right, hardware acceleration disabled, or the workstation locked.

Perhaps it dosnt like x64, which is what I am on.

fallguy - i get this same error, anybody know how to fix this? i installed the 78.01 nvidia drivers to try to fix it, it did not.

Another forum has someone with the same error, with a 7800GTX and the 78.03's. How annoying. :mad:

woot... the game is very good looking... runs very good on my 6800ultra also... 1600x1200 4xAA 16xAF (if AF works) and it was smooth at a constant 40fps....

Downloading now! Can you play just a single player type campaign or can you play a normal RTS 1v1 ala WC3? (Vs the CPU of course)

well it looks really good. i dunno about the gameplay tho... i still like starcraft better (i never really cared for the Age of series, so maybe if you liked that alot, then this is more up your alley).

Gave it a try.. not bad at all. Graphics are good enough, sound is fine, and unlike certain other demos (coughcoughBetOnSoldier/StarshipTroopers) this one runs without a hitch.

Can't make any real complaints about the game.. but I probably won't buy it... managing RTS pseudo-empires on screen is a bit too hectic for me.

To the OP, thanks for the link! This has got to be, by far, the easiest I have ever downloaded a demo. No ads, no lines, no crap. ;)

AOE3 is so far up my alley that I can't think straight!

*streaming tears of joy* :eek:

abudhu said:
I think I'll take that crown at 1.6Mb/s

Nice.

I will be 3rd place with 1.37 Mb/s.

But seriously, I am a fan of the AOE series. Hope I like this one as good as the previous ones. :D

Only getting about 200kb/s :( Oh well, it will be done soon enough. Can't wait, I still play aoe2 a lot.

where is everyone downloading from? I couldn't find a demo link on the OP's link so I went to Gamershell and I am only getting 70k. :(

*edit*

Stupid 15" LCD screen. :mad: I had to scroll down to see the link for the demo.

I hope that this is half as good as AoC. That game was amazing. 4v4 Highlands/Islands/Team Islands at 4 am in Ladder Room is the most fun I've ever had with a game. Ever.

Back