Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition

J Macker

[H]F Junkie
Is anybody here going to be playing the new Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition?
The official release date is today, Oct 15. The DE comes with all expansions. The DE comes free with Xbox Game Pass as well, for all those who subscribe.

I've pre-purchased and installed the game, just painfully waiting for another full workday to end.
There's quite a few changes to the game, the main changes regard the Native American tribes. The campaign was completely rewritten and many mechanics have changed.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/age-of-empires-iii-definitive-edition/mining-changes

Another major change is all the city improvement cards are unlocked by default so you can access all of them for skirmishes without having to edit the save game file for each civ.

I'm excited to play!

20 years ago I'd play AOE2 for hours on end on the online MSN Gaming Zone or whatever. Good times. Tried the newer DE games and for whatever reason they never really stuck.

I played the first two but missed this one. Might have to check this out.
I do hope they do something with Age of Mythology. Some talk about a remaster or even a reboot.

Reactions: Skott
like this
I have it on my wish list but not purchased it yet. I loved AOE back in the day but its been many years since I played and I wonder if I can get that magic back again?

nope, have zero plans of playing it.. AOE3 was terrible and ultimately killed the AOE franchise for the last 15 years. so if you haven't played AOE3 but have fond memories of AOE and AOE2, do yourself a favor and skip it.

AOE2 DE has been pretty fun. I play it regularly.

3 Never really had the same magic as 2, so I dunno about it.

Back