Aftermarket RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 card prices revealed

Hopefully those prices are inflated due to whatever insane VAT/sales tax Germany requires.

I would really have to see the OC clocks and benchmarks to have an extra $100+ be worthwhile.

Hopefully those prices are inflated due to whatever insane VAT/sales tax Germany requires.

Nah, those seem to be on par with what we saw from the Overclockers.uk price "leak". I suspect these are pretty close if not right on.

All of these cards will likely be cheaper in the US, but the "more expensive than FE" will still hold true. Even if any of these cards are cheaper than the FE to produce, AIBs are going to use FE as a base price because they can.

Going by how things are usually priced in the US, you can probably take most of these and round them down to the nearest multiple of 50 to get some idea of where prices will fall. Though, some will likely be at the x59.99 to x79.99 levels as well. Wouldn't be surprised if that 3090 Strix is $150 more than FE in the US.

Yes, quoted prices in germany always include VAT. 19% generally, 16% right now due to covid. Stimulus and such.

Yes, quoted prices in germany always include VAT. 19% generally, 16% right now due to covid. Stimulus and such.
Wow that's pretty awesome of Germany to do that, unlike around here where they don't list squat as far as extras, whether it's sales tax, recycling tax, added fee tax, or whatever... here they just want to advertise what the lowest price they can get away with to lure you in.

Are there any Nvidia OEM's that would be considered second-tier anymore? I had a junky PNY card like 15 years ago, but it was second-hand and a low-end card to begin with.
I've had a variety of cards since with no issues.

Are there any Nvidia OEM's that would be considered second-tier anymore? I had a junky PNY card like 15 years ago, but it was second-hand and a low-end card to begin with.
I think it comes from that even today a few brands sport more or less the same cooler, usually it's PNY, Gainward, maybe Palit and some other I can't remember.
It's a cheap generic cooler, and the one on my PNY2070 certainly fit the description. Works well, a little noisy.

PNY makes a lot of enterprise/pro GPU's with Nvidia.

You know, normally I'd consider PNY to be a last tier choice but this looks pretty sweet actually (and would fit nicely in my case as it isn't too wide)
PNY GeForce RTX 3080 10GB XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB Triple Fan Edition
https://www.pny.com/geforce-rtx-3080-xlr8-gaming-epic-x-rgb-triple-fan-p

I've used two PNY cards; a GTX 580 and the current card in the system 1080Ti. Both times, PNY was the only source for new releases after the initial supplies ran out--will certainly consider them this time round as well. Never a problem with either card.

Per the listings starting to show up on B&H, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. it seems like the 3090 FE's are the previously mentioned $1499.99 while the OEM cards are $60-80 more.

Any reason you picked the most expensive one? Where as the cheapest was at $720 so fairly close to pricing, you just have to swallow your pride and get a Zotac card :D

Yeah I realize there are some closer to $700, but it surprised me to see cards upwards of $850 on there.

MSI is a going all out on prices according to the B&H list. $300 over the FE? No thanks, but I'm sure they will sell haha.

Hilarious, luckily I can easily go to 2021 with my 2070. I'm willing to go $800 or so for a Hybrid tho. Last time around EVGA's 2080 Hybrid war $850 or so I reacall..

I'm willing to go $800 or so for a Hybrid tho. Last time around EVGA's 2080 Hybrid war $850 or so I reacall..
I'm waiting for one of these too, probably will see stock next year, though I wouldn't mind picking one up earlier.

I bet all of these cards sell out quickly. Even the ones that are way over Nvidia's default price point. Demand is high for these, so unless stocks are also high (maybe?), I bet they get desperation sales.

About what I expected. Which is why I've been saying while the performance is nice, the cards are still priced a bit high. EVGA often has an affordable but decent option, lets hope that holds true this generation. I think the MSI prices are just inflated due to limited demand, but fully expect them to be around $100 over MSRP.

I took a chance on my Zotac Amp 2080 since it was on sale at the time for a good price and the triple fan cooling looked decent, but there were hardly any reviews of it that I could find. Other than Zotac being one of the ugliest cards, its been great and runs super cool and quiet, like 65C max and clocks stay around 2000 MHz stock. Meanwhile I was looking at some Control performance vids on Youtube and saw a guy with a cheaper dual-fan Gigabyte 2080 Super running in the 75C+ range and closer to 1900 MHz, so I was getting better performance out of my non-Super 2080.

I def want a 3080, but not enough to pay over MSRP for one, so I'm good waiting several months if need be. I'll have a PS5 for most of Q4 to play new exclusives and replay older ones again to keep me entertained for a while. The next big game I'll be playing on PC will be CP2077 and that's about it, which I'm sure my 2080 will play sufficiently still at 3440x1440.

Reactions: Auer
like this
B&H will always sell for exactly as much as they think they can get.

They don’t give a shit about MSRP, never have. On anything. The place is supply/demand manifest. They’ll raise prices fast, drop them slow and haggle like an absolute bastard. They do not, do not, do not leave a dollar on the table with a sale. I’ve always respected the fuck out of them for that.

It’s been like that for ever and absolutely is not a Best Buy / Amazon type business.

Back