Aftermarket parts/alternative design for the SG03

Shaman

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know if it will ever be possible to get for example a solid side panel for the SG03 without the ugly mesh or if anyone is gonna come out with alternative designs based on the SG03 chassis? :)

I forgot to add question marks to the thread title and it's not possible to edit it, so sorry if this thread disappoints anyone lol.

You could try emailing SilverStone or making a new panel yourself. Last time I emailed them regarding the SG03, I asked if they were ever going to make a stealthed drive bay cover for the 5.25" drive bay and their reply was that they have no plans for it for the SG03, but they do for the next SGxx / Sugo unit.

I have a black SG-03. I decided that the side vent wasn't of any use, so I got a sheet of black cardboard and covered it up from inside. Try it, you might like it.

If you cant do it yourself you may want to contact PerformancePC. They sell the SG03 and do custom modding to order. I also suggest people looking into modding a 120mm blowhole & fan ontop of the SG03 in the back. PerformancePC would probably do this as well if you are willing to pay for the cost. If I was going to buy another SG03 I'd definetely put a 120mm fan ontop no matter what cpu & hsf I planned to use. This case just begs for a rear exhaust. Just my two pennies anyway.

I have a black SG-03. I decided that the side vent wasn't of any use, so I got a sheet of black cardboard and covered it up from inside. Try it, you might like it.
I saw the pics of what you did in a thread here, but I still wasn't convinced. :)

As for the suggestions of IsLNdbOi and Skott to make my own or ask silverstone or a store to do it, I couldn't do it to save my life, and quite honestly I have my doubts that performancepc can fabricate a new side panel with the same fit and finish as the original, but I may be wrong..

Back