Aftermarket Cooler EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW

captaindiptoad

Limp Gawd
Ok guys, Currently I have this card EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti FTW GAMING ACX 2.0+ Clearly it has the ACX 2.0 cooling setup. Now my problem is I want to get this thing under a waterblock. Currently I run my CPU under an H100i H100i Looking at the specs its 27mm thick at 77 CFM for the airflow. Im going to upgrade to the H100i GTX H100i GTX Looking at the specs its 26mm thick at 104 CFM for the airflow. This leaves me with a spare H100i floating around. I was looking at grabbing a HG10 N980 The only problem I have is that it says its for Reference cards, But many many many people have pointed out in several places that anything but the Classified and K|ngP|n are essentially the same layout as a reference board with minor differences. According to corsairs website though it also has a compatibility list. Compatability List (click tech specs) which lists EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Hybrid 6GB GDDR5 06G-P4-1996, I mean its the same part number as my card, but is listed as a Hybrid?

TL/DR
Will my H100i fit on my EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti FTW GAMING ACX 2.0+ using a HG10 N980

Nvidia reference design boards normally bear the Nvidia logo, with the PCB number positioned directly below it. Nvidia reference PCB design PG600

Get a Kraken G10 with a pack of copper sinks for the vrm. Even if the Corsair HG10 fit, it has quality issues.

I know my EVGA GTX 980ti w/back plate was reference. I am running the Titan X waterblock from EK on it right now.

Get a Kraken G10 with a pack of copper sinks for the vrm. Even if the Corsair HG10 fit, it has quality issues.

Well I've kind of lost this post. looking at the compatibility list it says nothing about being compatible with the FTW. the boards are very very similar though. one thing i have noticed is that the FTW has an additional 2pin connector next to the 8x2 pin power in. i cannot seem to find an aftermarket that addresses this issue.

The Kraken G10 is compatible with just about any set of GPU holes you can imagine. All it needs is the 4 primary holes around the GPU itself. The rest of the card layout is irrelevant to mounting.

yup what silver said. hell i'd green mod it and wait for a compatible adapter if I really wanted one.

I will add that I had very little luck getting copper sinks to stay attached with thermal tape long term. They were just too heavy. I ended up switching to aluminum sinks for the VRMs and the memory.

Ok, I took a look at it and read some stuff about it.
The only thing though is still the 2 pin connector.

On the right side is this 2 pin connector and for the life of me I cannot figure out what it does.

That 2 pin connector is for the OEM fan. It will have nothing to do with anything if you mount a Kraken G10 on it.

I think the two pin is for either a led or a temp prob. it might be used on a different model but you wont use it. the four pin should be what is controlling the fan. you could also do what I did and wire your rad fan into the gpu's fan header and use that to control the fan speed. it will also save a fan header on your mobo. but you will need to buy a new four pin connector or sacrifice the old fan header and splice it on. just match up the pinout like so:

Ah you are right. I didn't notice the 2 pin. Looks like that's for the LEDs on the cooler. Either way, doesn't matter, as the 4 pin and 2 pin connectors will not affect the mount.. The G10 fans are quiet and I don't ever hear them at full speed. Setting up a custom profile seems like some hassle considering.

I think the two pin is for either a led or a temp prob. it might be used on a different model but you wont use it. the four pin should be what is controlling the fan. you could also do what I did and wire your rad fan into the gpu's fan header and use that to control the fan speed. it will also save a fan header on your mobo. but you will need to buy a new four pin connector or sacrifice the old fan header and splice it on. just match up the pinout like so:

Thanks for the info on this. but I'm not about to go completely modding the card. I would but i have no workbench or soldering iron and am a bit low on cash after getting some mods on my car. money sucks lol.

Back