Afterburner fan curve question

Soulstorm brew

Weaksauce
Hi all
I'm trying to set a fan curve but don't seem to have an apply button for settings to take effect.
Any help appreciated.

image_2022-05-08_161243941.png

hi
I'm on version 4.6.0
I tried just clicking ok, then ran furmark, just got past 60c and hard locked up.
It's an Asus phoenix single fan 1650s

That's the thing, I havn't got an oc on it yet.
Here's the settings, do I need to raise power limit or something?
I have the fan set to manual at the moment.

image_2022-05-08_163125532.png

Ok will do, I just tried installing latest AB and it has the apply button.
I´ll run some more tests after ddu/newest drivers

If it doesn't run at stock after trying the above up the power limit and core voltage abit.
By how much? don´t want to pop this thing lol, it´s the only card I have.

Ok will do, I just tried installing latest AB and it has the apply button.
I´ll run some more tests after ddu/newest drivers

By how much? don´t want to pop this thing lol, it´s the only card I have.
Those stock clocks look odd. Normally afterburner sets stock to 0 for the core clock as its a offset.

You can try 110 power limit 85 thermal limit and +20mv on the core voltage if it's not stable just adjusting the limits.

I would also try resetting the core clock to 0 and seeing if it's just as stable or less so

Thanks for the ab info.
i just ran ddu in safe mode(didn't install AB yet to rule that out) installed latest NV drivers for this card, 472.12
ran furmark and it started to get up to 58 and the fan didn´t cut in.
I know the fan works as when I set it manually in AB before I did all the cleaning it would spin up. :unsure:

Thanks for the ab info.
i just ran ddu in safe mode(didn't install AB yet to rule that out) installed latest NV drivers for this card, 472.12
I know the fan works as when I set it manually in AB before I did all the cleaning it would spin up. :unsure:
some cards fans dont kick in until a certain temp

update.
I just ran furmark for about 15 min. turns out the fan is running, it was just so quiet (had to put my ear to the case just to hear it ramp up slightly) temp hovered about 77c, then it hard locked up. I´m wondering if it might be the PSU, it´s a 2 month old from new CX 550f.
I just bought a RM 650x (second hand) cheap recently, I might try that in it when I get a moment. Only reason I havn´t done so yet is because the cx is cable managed in well.

update.
I just ran furmark for about 15 min. turns out the fan is running, it was just so quiet (had to put my ear to the case just to hear it ramp up slightly) temp hovered about 77c, then it hard locked up. I´m wondering if it might be the PSU, it´s a 2 month old from new CX 550f.
I just bought a RM 650x (second hand) cheap recently, I might try that in it when I get a moment. Only reason I havn´t done so yet is because the cx is cable managed in well.
those gpus shouldnt be locking up at that low temp and should just throttle when it hits 90ish. bump the power limit a bit in ab or try that other psu. a 550w should be enough though...

Thanks for the ab info.
Latest driver should be 512.xx.

those gpus shouldnt be locking up at that low temp and should just throttle when it hits 90ish. bump the power limit a bit in ab or try that other psu. a 550w should be enough though...
Yeh I´ll try the other PSU first, I was reading that a few people had issues with the CX.
Latest driver should be 512.xx.
I just entered the card and OS on NVs site and that´s what comes up as the last one for this model.

Just realized, I was searching for the standard drivers and not DCH
image_2022-05-10_174958342.png

I remember it throwing up an error when trying to install and telling me I needed standard.
Been a bit busy with work, I will install the RM650x tomorrow and run furmark a bit more and see how it goes.

Just realized, I was searching for the standard drivers and not DCH
View attachment 472261
I remember it throwing up an error when trying to install and telling me I needed standard.
Been a bit busy with work, I will install the RM650x tomorrow and run furmark a bit more and see how it goes.
NVIDIA deprecated "standard" drivers a couple years back and finally stopped making them available end of last year. The only difference is that the control panel is a Windows app in the DCH version, but it still gets installed alongside the normal driver installation process.

Might be a good idea to DDU the standard driver, first, to avoid potential issues. I had no issue going from standard to DCH without doing so, as a point of reference. Considering the issues you're having with your card I think it's a good idea to start out fresh, though.
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

Ok, just swapped out the CX for the RM PSU, I did the DDU and installed the drivers in safe mode.
Ran furmark for 7 minutes and it hovered at 75c, no lockups. I ended up installing the 472.12 as I keep getting the error DCH.
My win 10 version is not supported, I might have to update it, but for the moment happy how it turned out.
Do you guys think 7min is long enough?

Ok, just swapped out the CX for the RM PSU, I did the DDU and installed the drivers in safe mode.
Ran furmark for 7 minutes and it hovered at 75c, no lockups. I ended up installing the 472.12 as I keep getting the error DCH.
My win 10 version is not supported, I might have to update it, but for the moment happy how it turned out.
Do you guys think 7min is long enough?
yes some new drivers require the new windows updates. if youre that far behind, you should do them

Back