Afterburner crashing my box

jojo69

[H]F Junkie
Got 2@ ASUS HD6950, with shaders unlocked, in crossfire here. Tested them running at the max available clocks in CCC (840/1325) folding 24/7 for a couple weeks, all good.

Been reading up on overclocking them, which I am new to I freely admit.

Got the MSI Afterburner ware on. Enabled voltage control. Edited the config file to enable unauthorized clocks and insert the EULA string.

Started cranking up the clocks...wow this is great...ran them off the cliff about 940MHz.

Ever since then I can not get afterburner to work. It reports different clocks than CCC and any attempt to change settings with it crashes the cards. I have uninstalled/reinstalled it several times...editing the config file seems to be where it breaks.

The cards are running fine at 840 again.

Any ideas??

May want to try removing the ATI drivers and reinstall them using driversweeper, then reinstall afterburner. I haven't had any issues using AB with my 6950 (only single card, but flashed to 6970), just that it crashes the PC because of punkbuster when I play BFBC2. In the CCC you have the performance control unlocked, correct?

By performance control you mean the +20 slider in CCC or the edits to the AB config file, or something else??

BANG!

900/1400

guessing I was folding on the cards while fooling with it the first time...so ulps was not active as both cards were fully loaded.

I had searched, and had found no reference to this issue, Thank you sir!!

BANG!

900/1400

guessing I was folding on the cards while fooling with it the first time...so ulps was not active as both cards were fully loaded.

I had searched, and had found no reference to this issue, Thank you sir!!

Not sure if I understand but still happy I could help.

sorry, a little light on the shorthand I guess

Actually have found a nice tune at 915MHz GPU 1.4GHz memory, 9654 3D11Marks

All I can figure is that I must have left the folding clients running while I successfully ran Afterburner that first time...so all cards were loaded, so ulps was not an issue...just guessing.

I had never heard of ulps before your post...lots to know about these systems.

Back