After turned kitchen - fuse tripped - power outage - question pc.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello. I am just asking.
Maybe this is coincidence and i am worrying about nothing. So listen...

2 days ago after turning on kitchen, fuse was tripped and i get power outage. When power back after this i booted pc fine but i saw that Windows 10 desktop refresh changed itself from 144hz to lower value ( i dont remember to which ) . To restore again 144hz , i turned off monitor ,turned again on. And its fine.

Why that happened? I tried to reproduce this issue, by turning off computer and booting again but it never repeat.

And my question is . That was coincidence that after power outage my Windows 10 monitor refresh was changed or not? Thank you.

My pc: 6700K stock

16GB DDR4

Asus Z170-P

Corsair 750 RM

Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition

Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 1080 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

I tested games etc etc and no crashes or artifacts.

Hello. I am just asking.
Maybe this is coincidence and i am worrying about nothing. So listen...

2 days ago after turning on kitchen, fuse was tripped and i get power outage. When power back after this i booted pc fine but i saw that Windows 10 desktop refresh changed itself from 144hz to lower value ( i dont remember to which ) . To restore again 144hz , i turned off monitor ,turned again on. And its fine.

Why that happened? I tried to reproduce this issue, by turning off computer and booting again but it never repeat.

And my question is . That was coincidence that after power outage my Windows 10 monitor refresh was changed or not? Thank you.

My pc: 6700K stock

16GB DDR4

Asus Z170-P

Corsair 750 RM

Gtx 1080 Ti Founder Edition

Monitor Red Eagle IIyama 1080 144hz plugged by display port cable to GFX.

I tested games etc etc and no crashes or artifacts.

It was likely a driver or Windows Update that caused it. I wouldn't worry about it. I have a personal mental note to check settings like refresh rate, gsync and other stuff 'round about once a month or two.

Back