After Market Cooler Triggers Fan Warning

mwoodj

Weaksauce
I installed a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo on my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H. Obviously the fan is bigger than the stock fan and spins slower at low temps. When my desktop comes up the fan drops to about 650 RPM and my PC speaker starts beeping continuously. If I run something that utilizes the CPU and thus causes the fan to spin faster the beeping stops. It starts as soon as the fan slows back down. I went into my BIOS and disabled the CPU fan warning but it is making no difference. It is still beeping. I don't see anything wrong. My temps are good. The fan speed is adjusting with demand as it should. The PC speaker just won't stop beeping at low RPM's. It's like the option to disable the warning simply isn't working. If I disable fan speed control the issue goes away but the fan runs full speed the whole time. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

On Asus boards there is a rpm threshold you can set above which the fan failure warning will not trigger. I had the same problem with my Asus Gene Z with low fan speeds at idle until I set the limit at 400rpm. I'm not sure you have the same option on Gigabyte boards.

On Asus boards there is a rpm threshold you can set above which the fan failure warning will not trigger. I had the same problem with my Asus Gene Z with low fan speeds at idle until I set the limit at 400rpm. I'm not sure you have the same option on Gigabyte boards.

In the GB boards I had/have, a similar option exists

This mobo has the 3D UEFI BIOS. I went into advanced mode and looked through all of the options afaik. The only thing I could find related to the fan warning was a setting to completely disable it. For whatever reason that did not work. I did not see any option to set the warning threshold. If someone does know it exists and where I would find it I would appreciate that info.

Back