After four years...

hity645

[H]F Junkie
I've finally complete both Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II. I feel like I've accomplished a major feat.

Only about ten more to go.

I've finally complete both Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II. I feel like I've accomplished a major feat.

Only about ten more to go.

Congrats, man!

Just out of curiousity, what platform did you play them on?

Congrats, man!

Just out of curiousity, what platform did you play them on?

I purchased all of them except for X, X-2, and XIII for the Playstation. I started using my PS3 but it kept glitching out during short animations after major events in the game. So I dusted off my PS2 and then purchased a couple PSones. It's awesome to go back to old school systems.

I am a huge FF fan that unfortunately started the series with FFX and didn't play the earlier games (I enjoyed all of them, even FFX-2 which had great gameplay but mediocre story) , I plan to play the entire series from FF to FFIX but boy will that take a lot of time to accomplish.

Anyway, what were your thoughts of FF and FFII? I specially hear a lot of people saying FF2 is the worst FF in the entire series, did you think it was That bad?

I am a huge FF fan that unfortunately started the series with FFX and didn't play the earlier games (I enjoyed all of them, even FFX-2 which had great gameplay but mediocre story) , I plan to play the entire series from FF to FFIX but boy will that take a lot of time to accomplish.

Anyway, what were your thoughts of FF and FFII? I specially hear a lot of people saying FF2 is the worst FF in the entire series, did you think it was That bad?

I enjoyed FFII much more than FF. I have never been much of a RPG fan so I started FF with some doubts. Once I got the hang of it I was ready. There was TONS of times I had to look online for help in both games. I can see how you can dump easily hundreds of hours exploring and battling the entire game. There were times in both games I thought there is no way in hell I'd know to talk to this person to trigger this event or walk through this wall to get where I need to.

I enjoyed FFII much more than FF. I have never been much of a RPG fan so I started FF with some doubts. Once I got the hang of it I was ready. There was TONS of times I had to look online for help in both games. I can see how you can dump easily hundreds of hours exploring and battling the entire game. There were times in both games I thought there is no way in hell I'd know to talk to this person to trigger this event or walk through this wall to get where I need to.

I usually never use a walkthrough on my first playthrough of any game, but I guess I might have to bend some rules with those old games, I remember the original MG & MG2 giving me such a headache because you had to be in the right location and call the right dude to continue the damn game, I can't imagine doing that in multiple RPGs, it'll take me an eternity to finish 'em like that lol

@ADRENALIN_2099
If you didn't try JRPGs before, you should give 'em a shot, I'd say FFX would be a good place to start. If you however don't like how most JRPGs play, you'll probably not like 'em.

I just completed FF1 and FF2 on my Android phone (the revamped versions via the marketplace).

Such great gaming moments. I really miss those gems of my youth , I guess that's the curse of age , always wanting what you once had.

I started FFI just after I bought it and realized it was a long game. It got shelved. Then work picked up, school happened and I never got around to it. Finally finished it about a year ago. Started up FFII shortly after and didn't start it up again until about a week ago. I've been playing about two hours a day or two "dungeons".

I got Chronicles out with FFIV and I'm ready to bust this guy out....or Kingdom Hearts next.

I still remember FF1. Got to the end boss with both of my mages dead (White mage, Red mage); only had my FIghter and Black Belt. Somehow won. :D

I also remember when I finally figured out the BB was better using fists than a weapon. Ended up in a random encounter after equipping/unequipping weapons, somehow forgot to give him one. He does a punch - takes off a ridiculous amount of damage. Blew my mind...:eek:

FF2 was a bit hard for me. I had two white mages and one black. You create your characters and then almost instantly you lose one. And the one I lost just happened to be my black mage. So I had awesome spells about half way through that my white mages could not use. I'm surprised I even beat the final boss. By the time I got through the dungeon I had very little MP left and some crappy attack spells.

FF2 was a bit hard for me. I had two white mages and one black. You create your characters and then almost instantly you lose one. And the one I lost just happened to be my black mage. So I had awesome spells about half way through that my white mages could not use. I'm surprised I even beat the final boss. By the time I got through the dungeon I had very little MP left and some crappy attack spells.

Do you mean the actual Final Fantasy II (with Firion) or Final Fantasy IV (with Cecil) which was FFII in the US?

In FFII all you have to do is get into a battle and keep doing crap over and over until the skills you want are leveled through enough use. :D

Do you mean the actual Final Fantasy II (with Firion) or Final Fantasy IV (with Cecil) which was FFII in the US?

In FFII all you have to do is get into a battle and keep doing crap over and over until the skills you want are leveled through enough use. :D

I'm not sure. Its the one that was included in the Dawn of Souls two pack.

I'm not really a fan of what they did with the revamped FF1 (at least, not the PS1 / GBA versions I played).

The move to MP instead of the ripped-out-of-D&D number of spells system, silver sword removal (nothing like grinding around that elf town for silver swords!).

I started playing through FF4j translation, really need to get back around to that.

Back