After Ampere Launch Survey

After Reading/Viewing Ampere Launch Reviews I Am Going To Be.....

• Buying a 3080 FE or AIB card

• Waiting for 3090 Launch

• Waiting for Big Navi Launch

• Waiting for 3070 Launch

• Waiting for larger GB Ampere Cards

• I am not buying anything this year.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Waiting for the 3090 launch. The 3080 looks like a good card, but it was never really something I considered. I want something to max out Cyberpunk and I don't expect the 2080 ti to do it, so I hope the 3090 delivers the goods.

I'm waiting to see how my system handles Cyberpunk, which luckily is after we get to see Big Navi too. I probably won't bother upgrading if my 1080ti still does fine at 1440p.

My epeen days are over. As long as my games run well, I'll keep running my system into the ground.

I'm gonna try to get a 3080 close to now, if I can't, i'd prefer the 20GB model that launches in the future.

I'm excited for a 3080, but it has to be water cooled. Some of the blocks shown so far look interesting, but I want to wait long enough for the evga hydro copper to come out. I like my current 1080 ti hydro copper card, and it was a good value vs buying card & block by themselves. I doubt we will see it actually available to buy before next year, so I voted I am not buying anything this year.

Kinda interested in a watercooled 3080 or going all out on a 3090. Also curious how the launch goes tomorrow.

Yeah I'm in for one. Don't really "need" one but I would like to upgrade my son's PC and the near 100% improvement over my 2070 should push my 240 Hz monitor nicely. I'll probably pick up a Founder's Edition from Best Buy tomorrow if they have any since I'm off.

What happened to the black alerts? this color is ugly.

Untitled.png

Waiting for reviews.
If AMD is a killer, might commit to it.
If you wait and it's a good as AMD says there may be a price war.
Everyone wins

Will try for a 3080 FE for the hell of it. If not, it's no big deal. I'm not spending more for 'inferior' AIB models that I'll just strip the cooler off anyways.

Going to try to replace my 2080 with a 3080 still. The FE looks good for cooling, but I'd like a better aesthetic, so not sure which AIB I want yet and who knows what availability will be for the next month or so. I'm not buying without seeing AIB reviews too.

I will try and get my hands on a RTX 3080 FE. It's a hell of a lot faster than my current GTX 1080.

But because of the memory concerns and I game in 4K/VR, I might need to upgrade sooner than I did with the 1080 (which I have had for 4+ years). If I cannot get a RTX 3080 FE ordered on day one, then I may try and snag a RTX3090 FE next week and hold onto it for as long as possible and skip a mid-cycle refresh.

I figure a RTX 3080 today and a mid-cycle refresh will set me back no more than a RTX 3090, even less if I can sell the 3080 for a decent penny. But going all up front with a RTX 3090 will eat up all those funds set aside for video card purchases for the next 3-4 years at least.

Going to try to replace my 2080 with a 3080 still. The FE looks good for cooling, but I'd like a better aesthetic, so not sure which AIB I want yet and who knows what availability will be for the next month or so. I'm not buying without seeing AIB reviews too.

I'm doing the same with my 2080. I 4K game and want the FE. I don't want to pay more for an AIB.

Would still like to get my hands on either a 3080 or 3090. The main draw still is HDMI 2.1, which I desperately want to power my LG CX OLED.

I just put some TG Kyro on my 5700xt and built a nice fan bracket for it. Being that I game at 1440, I dont see a reason to give up on it. It suits my needs just fine

I sold my Radeon VII this week, all in for a 3080 FE or AIB tomorrow.

Waiting for Big Navi launch and reviews. That and EKWB to release blocks for AIB 3080's. Really whatever I buy will need to have available waterblocks.

I feel like if Big Navi can come within 10-15% of a 3080 for less money I'll go that route.

Not sure yet. I jump constantly from waiting for Big Navi to attempting to grab one at launch.

I already booked tomorrow off from work (not for the 3080 launch - honest), so will probably take a run at one when orders go live. If I don't get one at MSRP (I'm not buying gouged) - I'm okay to wait until November to see what Big Navi brings.

I was going to upgrade but the 3070 is 50% more performance for twice what I paid for my 1080. Plus there are no new games and I hardly use the 1080 as it is, not worth it.

Normally I wouldn't post if not interested but since there's a survey !
NO, I have not bought a gfx card since 2013. Very little interest in PC gaming last 3 or 4 years.

I will try and get a 3080 FE, but if they are sold out and never to see again, I will wait for a good 3080 AIB. Super annoying that we don’t have reviews of the AIB cards in good time before retail sales go live.

I'm going to wait on the 3090 numbers. With the ultrawide 49" (5120X1440), I would like to be able to drive the titles I've been playing the most AC Odyssey (probably Valhalla soon) and other similar open world titles closer to 100fps. If the 3090 has the headroom to somewhat justify the price jump, I will go that way. I figure either way, I will probably waiting a while before either card is in stock (or just not crazily marked up).

I was gonna buy a 3080 but I want to 1) see what BIG NAVI offers and 2) seems you only really need it for 4k....

I know people think I'm crazy, but I'm still going with multiple video cards, thus the 3090, which is the only one with NVLink. Now I'm just worried if my case can hold it. I have a huge case, but I'm aware that these are huge cards.

3080. I’d like to wait but my 1070 non-Ti is too long in the tooth, especially with my new 4K/120 display.

I'm going to stick with my 2080 at least until the holidays, probably until mid next year. I feel like my current system (3900X + 2080) is very well rounded. I play at 1440P and I don't feel like I'm really being held back by my GPU. I'll probably upgrade my 3900X to a Zen 3 chip before I upgrade my GPU. I'm at least going to wait to see what AMD can come up with, and for prices to settle a bit. Maybe I'll simply use the opportunity to pick up a "cheap" 2080ti as others upgrade.

99% going to get a 3080, if I get lucky enough to actually place an order before they sell out in the first 5 seconds after launch.

If not, then I'll wait for big navi.

I'm not sure at this point. I sold my 2080 and stuck my 1080 back in my computer. I haven't had time to game much at all lately so no biggie. I am also wanting to get a new DSLR which costs around $1,700 just for the body so I may just put off getting a new graphics card for a while.

I may get a new video card this year.. maybe not. If I do get one, I am leaning towards the 3080 or 3090... and I would need new monitors as well as I am still running 1080p... and I would be severely CPU limited. Basically I need to build a whole new system.

None of the survey answers really fit so I didn't choose one.

Back