After 17 years, it has finally been accomplished.

Watching that Battletoads video gave me a flashback… which caused me to have a seizure…which caused me to bite my tounge…

I have Hell fire, R-type, Kid Kamillon, Ninja Gaidain 2, life force, heavy barrel, Super C, and punch out in my belt of hard games I passed on the original console none of the save load emulator crap.

Well there are a few games that have never been passed without cheating. Target Earth for Gens I think is one of them.

I beat Ninja Gaiden back when it came out. I was excited to see it available as a download on the Wii. Haven't beaten it yet.
The hardest Battletoad level for me was the one where you were running pushing (or pulling..or riding something? I don't remember) down the hallways with all the 90 degree turns and you had to do it on the money or you wouldn't make it in time. I had a Nintendo Advantage with the joystick so that helped alot. Couldn't do it with regular controler.

My proudest gaming accomplishment was beating Castlevania I and Ninja Gaiden on the NES without dying... I just tried playing these two games again on an emulator on my PC, and man are they hard now. My hands were pretty quick back then, or I was obsessed...

Ninja Gaiden. 'nuff said.

Screw this shit ... let it rest in peace man ... or do you get your nappies out for memory purposes ? lol

Ahhh that Battletoads level! I could never get past it.
All those Nintendo games were so unforgiving and it became a repitious chore to beat it rather than being fun (for me at least).

I never finished Dash Galaxy and the Alien Asylum. I could barely play for more than 10 minutes before vomiting uncontrollably because it was so bad.

But seriously, I remember the first time I finished Blaster Master with sweaty white hands. I used every frigging trick in the book like using pause while tossing the grenade. I have never done it again in the last 18 years. I've pretty much beaten every game that I have had the interest in completing, including TMNT, Double Dragon, and other NES-era difficult games, but that new Ninja Gaiden for the XBox whoops my ass. I got stuck in the part with all the horseriders with bows and could never get past it.

It wasn't dust that caused the problems it was the springs inside the nintendo that became compressed over time not allowing proper contact with the catridge.

Opening up the machine and bend the springs back out fixed this issue.

The "blow into the NES" catridge thing never did any good we just thought it did.

Nooo! My brother got me this shirt for Christmas and now you've ruined it:

blow_me_nes_t_shirt_logo.jpg

I'll agree totally on Ghosts N Goblins and Fester's Quest (I actually got pretty far in Fester's Quest, it was worse than it seemed, though, since not only were there no continues, I'm pretty sure that your gun got downgraded when you died and was near-impossible to get back to being good, so the next few deaths were usually quick in coming.)

I'll add Gunsmoke to the list.

F Rush N Attack on NES F that game back to where ever it came from and I got so mad at Festers Quest and Friday the 13th that game was pure hell. I remember getting so pissed at the original Final Fantasy because I had no clue where to go and what to do half the time and then I found the infamous Nintendo Power issues that saved the day

F Rush N Attack on NES F that game back to where ever it came from and I got so mad at Festers Quest and Friday the 13th that game was pure hell. I remember getting so pissed at the original Final Fantasy because I had no clue where to go and what to do half the time and then I found the infamous Nintendo Power issues that saved the day

Angry nintendo nerd does a hilarious friday the 13th review.

"this game IS my fucking nightmare"

Hardest NES game of all Time:

Operation Wolf

Operation_Wolf_SMS_ScreenShot4.gif

Operation_Wolf_NES_ScreenShot3.gif

It was made for use with a Stand-Up Arcade machine with attached gun.. Moving the corsshair with the pad was impossible to keep up!

OperationWolf_sm.jpg

Back