After 17 years, it has finally been accomplished.

I'm pretty sure I've beaten that lvl.... with my brother way back then... like in the mid 90s. I thoght the game was fun, and not as hard as people seem to make it out to be. It might be now, since I'm not used to this type of games anymore, but back then it wasn't that hard for me, or it didn't seem so.

I could be mixing up games though. I'm pretty sure I beat Battle Toads and BattleToads & DDragon.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors for NES kicked my ass.

Also, anyone ever pull their hair out trying to do the last "save the President" mission in Driver for PS1? I played that for three days straight...my wife was about ready to break the disk if I didn't finish that one.:eek:

I tried forever...but I never was able to beat Resident Evil as Tofu with just the knife *sigh*:(.

I dont think anyone has ever landed the plan at the end of the first level in Top Gun

Just watching that Battletoads video brings back nightmares.

Bionic Commando was easy... love that game and beat it several times.

Blaster Master, Bayou Billy, and Ghosts and Goblins did it for me.

I got to the last level of Battletoads a few times but I never had enough lives saved up from all the previous levels to actually complete it.

The third stage was just dumb. It didn't require skill, it required memorization. You literally had to memorize the entire stage or you simply would not pass it. The poor level of depth and distance perception plus the controls made for a very unresponsive experience. At my peak in that game I could literally close my eyes and play purely off of the sound and pass the stage. If you were using your sight to react you would be dead anyway towards the latter portion.

Overall though smashing someone with a giant fist was awesome.

And I could NEVER beat TMNT. It was a huge accomplishment just to get past the electrified seaweed level.

Okay, when I was 6 - 7 I played TMNT a lot, and I found the electric seaweed part easily doable. However, after that, I had no friggin' clue what the hell I should do. I'd just drive around in the turtle van.

However, that jetski part of Battletoads owned me when I was a kid. I didn't own the game so I only played it a handful of times, but the anger lives on.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors for NES kicked my ass.

I rented that game several times for SNES and I loved it. However, by around level 23 or so, I pretty much had no ammo left for anything and got screwed.

imagine how hard battletoads would be with the powerglove!

the Angry Nintendo Nerd would probably have a meltdown :p Maybe he's already made an episode with that. If you haven't checked out this guy on youtube. watch the powerglove one, it's pretty funny.

wow i remenber that game like yesterday.... anyways i still play on lan with my brother sometimes. we play Contra Hard corps(my favorite)...i also have the ps2 contra

TMNT has to be the hardest by far. That game ruined me. I'm sure you had all seen the TMNT movie too, and as a kid, you were ready to kick some ass just like they do in the game!

Wait.. wrong! It demoralizes you and made you throw the controller repeatedly. I doubt anyones beat it to this day.

Then the arcade version of TMNT came out.. And I released all my aggression from the first one out on that fucking arcade box

I actually had to look this one up to make sure I had it right. When I would spend the night over at a friends house, we would beat the crap out of this game on a religious basis. The secret? The NES arcade stick (whatever it was called). It had that little slow motion doohicky (was just rapidly hitting start). After a couple go arounds with this little feature, we were all pros at this game.

Blaster Master
Surely I'm not the only one who knew about this: http://www.gamespot.com/nes/action/blastermaster/hints.html It was in like every single cheat magazine (swatpro, egr, etc...) back then.

I actually had to look this one up to make sure I had it right. When I would spend the night over at a friends house, we would beat the crap out of this game on a religious basis. The secret? The NES arcade stick (whatever it was called). It had that little slow motion doohicky (was just rapidly hitting start). After a couple go arounds with this little feature, we were all pros at this game.

Surely I'm not the only one who knew about this: http://www.gamespot.com/nes/action/blastermaster/hints.html It was in like every single cheat magazine (swatpro, egr, etc...) back then.

Yes, I knew of those cheats, and used them. It was level 8 that always killed me off because of the propensity to mis-time a jump or get hit in mid-air then fall 500ft to the floor through about 18 clusters of Ninja stars just to explode upon landing.

Holy shit that brings back many hours of anguish. Thanks for reminding me to go take a hammer to my Battletoads SEGA catridge. :mad:

Ninja Gaiden, Contra, Bionic Commando .. there was lots.

I beat Bionic Commando. My youngest brother and his friends still hold me up as a gaming god for that feat; I'm the only person they know who beat it.

I never could beat Section Z on the NES.

I beat Bionic Commando. My youngest brother and his friends still hold me up as a gaming god for that feat; I'm the only person they know who beat it.

I never could beat Section Z on the NES.
I don't recall Bionic Commando being very difficult. I know I beat it ... maybe I used to be really leet. :D

I used to think Double Dragon II was hard, but I did manage to beat it a few years ago as well as Contra 3 for the SNES, Contra was difficult but not stupidly difficult like some games.

Yea it was a pain in the ass.

Milon's Secret Castle was one of the hardest games I ever played. Think I beat it once.

Their were a bunch of nes games and what not I never beat or only did once. The ability to save your game and come back to it really makes a difference.

Yea, Milton's Secret Castle is one I never beat :(... took turns playing it and leaving the console on for days at a time, but it was too long to pull off before the NES overheated :).

Top Gun was awesome I was great at plane landings and it took me forever to beat that game, but it was mad fun. I remember taking a picture when I finally beat that game. Other games I havent finished lots too many to count, but had fun times playing them all that counts.

Bit off topic...Contra, fun game, we (me and my bro) played it so much that we could beat it solo or in team play, without dying, knew the patterns, when to duck, when to fire, etc. Probably the only game I ever knew like the back of my hand.

I knew Ninja Gaiden for Game Gear like that... :D

Hell, the second level I could do with my eyes closed, including the boss.

Rayman for the PS1 comes to mind. That game was insanely hard, I never owned an NES or SNES though.

pfff, I beat that level, Mind you, I was using an emulator with one hand jumping, and the other constantly saving/reloading.

On a side note, why don't they make games remotely difficult anymore?

pfff, I beat that level, Mind you, I was using an emulator with one hand jumping, and the other constantly saving/reloading.

On a side note, why don't they make games remotely difficult anymore?

because there are far more of them coming out - if we had to invest that kind of time into each game again, they'd never sell - we'd get too far behind.

because there are far more of them coming out - if we had to invest that kind of time into each game again, they'd never sell - we'd get too far behind.

I'm sure part of the reason is that back then, games were a lot less mainstream and so many people who played games were the ones who would really dedicate themselves to overcoming the challenges of Battletoads or Ninja Gaiden.

These days though, gaming is far more mainstream, and I'm seeing a lot more game reviews criticize a game for being too difficult for many gamers. A lot of gamers today just want to play a game and be done with it, they don't want to be put off by insane difficulty, they don't want a supreme challenge.

my boss played battletoads. he told me about that race. he had to buy a aftermarket controller just to complete it. that game had some very hard levels.

rofl... thats sooo true, land the plane in top gun = impossible

No matter what you did you would crash. It wasn't like you'd crash and go "oh I should haev ___" you had no idea what you had done wrong.

And yea that battle toads level was annoying as hell. I think I gave up on that game pretty fast due to the bike level.

My attention span is pretty shore, I didn't finish many games haha.

Have you guys ever tried Console Classix? Its great you can play just about every NES and ATARI game for free on your PC. And I think for $5 a month you can play every other console game like SNES, Gameboy, Genesis, Coleco, and Game gear. Check it out...
http://www.consoleclassix.com/download.html

I'd shake the hand of anyone who beat Street Fighter 2010 on the NES. Hands down it is the hardest game I've ever played and not been able to beat.

I have battletoads for the game boy (still have that thing laying around somewhere) and I never beat a similar level. You have to just memorize it, period.

I do miss games being that hard, kinda. I never could imagine why you would want a quicksave/quickload button till i played quake. . .w/o a mouse. Now THOSE were the hard days using home/end to look up and down in a fps. . ..

Luckily I got my dad to invest in a mouse shortly after!

Back