AFOX submits Radeon RX 5950XT, RX 5950, RX 5900 and RX 5800 XT to EEC

As some other rumors already quite trustworthy already mentioned, there is a GPU Navi 21 or Navi21 Lite which is on GDDR6, probably 384bit bus, reaching 300W, on some advanced RDNA1, not yet RDNA 2, on 7nm not 7nm+, and double the size of Navi 10. It is not impossible that this chip can also use HBM2 so there may be some other different cards based on that chip. The yields would be an issue at around 60% fully functional.
Being double the size of a 5700XT chip make it rather possible to be close to twice as powerful. So 2080Ti is beaten on compute and raster (there is no doubt on that) but not on RT based on DXR, missing.
The cost will be probably okay on the most cut down chip with like 72CU based on 12GB GDDR6. Something around less than double the price of a 5700XT. Like around 600$. Full chip 80CU with 32GB HBM2 would be at 2000$, for instance, a winner vs Titan RTX.

As some other rumors already quite trustworthy already mentioned, there is a GPU Navi 21 or Navi21 Lite which is on GDDR6, probably 384bit bus, reaching 300W, on some advanced RDNA1, not yet RDNA 2, on 7nm not 7nm+, and double the size of Navi 10. It is not impossible that this chip can also use HBM2 so there may be some other different cards based on that chip. The yields would be an issue at around 60% fully functional.
Being double the size of a 5700XT chip make it rather possible to be close to twice as powerful. So 2080Ti is beaten on compute and raster (there is no doubt on that) but not on RT based on DXR, missing.
The cost will be probably okay on the most cut down chip with like 72CU based on 12GB GDDR6. Something around less than double the price of a 5700XT. Like around 600$. Full chip 80CU with 32GB HBM2 would be at 2000$, for instance, a winner vs Titan RTX.

If you believe half this stuff you’re going to be very disappointed. Rumors are rumors. And none of it has been substantiated. There aren’t any first person reports. And no majors have reported on it either.

Hbm2 too expensive and with these die sizes dont think its realistic. Will get fastest gddr available. Pricong scares me tho. 5700xt was supposed to be a 249-299 $ card but they moved the goal posts. With the new high end going from 500-1200 i think the base 5900 will be 650, who know what halo cards will cost

Hbm2 too expensive
HBM2 is old now and gddr6 is getting more expensive too, BOM-wise it's not a major issue for high end cards.
People who repeat that never stop and wonder how much an 800mm2 die from nvidia costs either...

Hbm2 too expensive and with these die sizes dont think its realistic. Will get fastest gddr available. Pricong scares me tho. 5700xt was supposed to be a 249-299 $ card but they moved the goal posts. With the new high end going from 500-1200 i think the base 5900 will be 650, who know what halo cards will cost

Where did you get this info about the 5700xt being sub 300? Amd has been crushing it in a lot of ways lately but one thing they don't do that i wish they did, compete directly with Nvidia instead of fitting their cards in between 2 nvidia cards performance and price wise.

Where did you get this info about the 5700xt being sub 300? Amd has been crushing it in a lot of ways lately but one thing they don't do that i wish they did, compete directly with Nvidia instead of fitting their cards in between 2 nvidia cards performance and price wise.

All of the early info pointed at navi 10 as the midrange option slotting in around the 250 dollar segment. It got bumped up to competing with the low high end of the RTX series due to market conditions and Nvidia increasing their prices. Amd isn't just gonna leave money on the table. If Nvidia was more competetive with prices we would have seen the 5700 series much cheaper.

Back